What's new
What's new

AR-10 / LR-308 barrel extension source

Clay_E

Aluminum
few questions on this. i have been looking around for a source for an AR-10 or LR-308 barrel extension. so far it looks like i can only get these as OEM from ArmaLite or DPMS. (if I was so lucky for them to actually have any). anyone have any suggestions on where I might get one or who actually makes them for these guys? I want to do a 308 project, but I can't seem to locate this part.

Thanks

If you only need one, I have a few extra Armalite extensions and I'd sell one of them. Otherwise I've used a few made by BAT Machine, and they were phenominal. I only use BAT bbl extensions for the AR15's, and they are by far the best I've used yet. After chambering and threading the barrel tenon and installing the extension finger tight I check for runout and the BAT's extensions have never runout more than .002". OEM barrel extensions seem to run out an average of .015" or more and sometime they shoulders don't lock up square with the tenon shoulder...never a problem with the BATs.

I sent you a PM.

Ive been trying to find someone who makes these also. I dont see this on the Bat machine website. I wonder do they make other types of extensions also ie sauer etc.

They're not listed on the website, call up BAT and ask for them. They had them in stock when I talked to them a couple months ago. To my knowledge they only make the AR15 and AR10 extensions.

Matt

Back