What's new
What's new

Ar rifle barrel to pistol length

Shooter970

Plastic
New to making ar15 barrels. I have a 16 inch 300 blk barrel I want to make 8inch barrel. Now it has a carbine system now so I need to turn it to a pistol length gas system. I need to know the exact gas port location. Ant help would be greatly appreciated

From the forward face of the extension to the center of the gas port is 3.988”.
On all AR’s you are shooting for 1.02” of tube sticking out past the extension when installed on the block. To cycle subs and supers, gas port diameter is 0.093”

New to making ar15 barrels. I have a 16 inch 300 blk barrel I want to make 8inch barrel. Now it has a carbine system now so I need to turn it to a pistol length gas system. I need to know the exact gas port location. Ant help would be greatly appreciated

Just an FYI...
Putting an 8" barrel on a receiver originally configured as a carbine would require a Form 1, $200 and approval before building.

Not if It was an upper receiver only, and only if the lower is titled as a rifle. Most lowers now are titled as receivers unless they come in a box as an assembled rifle.
Just an FYI...
Putting an 8" barrel on a receiver originally configured as a carbine would require a Form 1, $200 and approval before building.

Back