What's new
What's new

Chilean 95 scope bases

mickri

Plastic
I am going to be mounting scopes on two Lowe Berlin Chilean 95 mausers. I like the one piece redfield mounts. That's what I have on my Swede 96. Redfield made two bases for mausers One model number 511137 says 95 98 on the box. The other model number 511138 says mauser kar, swedish, small ring on the box. I found an old listing online that said 511138 would only fit kar and swedish rifles made after 1905 and model 95. The pictures that I have from the seller aren't the best because the bases are in their original packaging. I can't tell any difference in the bases from looking at the pictures.

Can anybody help me out on which are the right bases for my Chilean 95 mausers?

Thanks

Before you do anything to an original rifle, I would like to know if these are in original military condition (and you wish to keep them so,) or are these sporterized rifles? There are mounts that do not alter collectable rifles.

All I have is the complete action. Nothing else. The actions have not been modified. My winter project is to put a 257 Roberts barrel on one of the actions and have not decided on the other one. One of the reasons I want the one piece bases is so that I don't have to machine off the hump (wrong term??) on the rear bridge. My Swede 96 has been sporterized. It was that way when I bought it. It's rear bridge does not have the hump and its one piece Redfield base covers the entire rear bridge. I can not see any numbers on that base. Only the Redfield mark.

Got a response on the gunsmithing forum that the 511138 base is the correct base for my mausers and that the rear hump has to be removed for the base to fit. Kurt if you know of one piece bases that don't require the rear hump to be removed could you tell me the make and part number of those bases?

Kurt if you know of one piece bases that don't require the rear hump to be removed could you tell me the make and part number of those bases?

I was thinking of the mounts that attach to the site base. They are available for quite a few models. I am a distributer for some.

Clilean%201895%20Scout%20(Weaver%20Style).jpg

You can grind a little bit off of a rear Weaver two piece base and leave the hump.
I forget what numbers they are, maybe 45 and 46.

In another response that I got on the gunsmithing forum Redfield base number 45157 does not require that the hump be removed. That person wants to trade me his 45157 base for one of the 511138 bases that I am buying and should receive next week. Looks like I have this figured out. Thanks for all of the responses.

Picked up the bases today from my mailbox. There is a small groove in the bottom of the base that fits over the hump. No need to remove the hump for the 511138 bases to fit on the receiver.

Back