Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Question CNC Machine a Glock Compatible Frame

Just curious if anyone has cnc machined a Glock compatible frame, I see Rifleconnection.com offers tons of frame designs, but can any of these be machined or has anyone tried?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Missouri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think the main reason is you would need a ffl to machine them to be able to sell them. So that cuts down someone putting in the time to program if one
    Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can legally make a firearm for your own use. Be very careful using resources which do not belong to you personally to do so. ATF has a ruling on the GCA intended to prevent Joe Public from rolling into an unlicensed machine shop with a partially finished frame, hitting the green button, and walking away with a firearm that he "made himself." The language they use in this ruling is thoroughly inclusive, and the liability falls on the owner of the equipment for being an unlicensed manufacturer, if different from the individual making the firearm.

That said, if you look at unfinished frame designs and make sure that the functional features you are cutting are consistent with those and the end product is not legally considered a firearm, go nuts. Then you can finish it yourself.