What's new
What's new

CNN "Assault Weapons" Ban Poll

GGaskill

Titanium
CNN is running a poll regarding the Clinton "assault weapons" ban. You can vote here. Vote as you please, although it appears you can vote as many times as you like.

It looks like CNN has put up another poll because the totals have changed in a way incompatible with the old totals. Go ahead and vote again anyway. Can't trust these scumbags.

Since the poll "changed", I've been watching and archiving daily. We are ahead, and in the past 4 days, we've gained 13,000, while they have only added 700.

Keep on voting and passing the word.

Jeff

Just checked the poll, we are ahead 59% to 41%. On average we are gaining about 3-5000 votes/day, while they are only adding about 300/day.

IIRC, before the poll was "updated", we were behind something like 30% to 70%.

We need to keep pushing on this to at least get it to 70/30 in our favor, just in case CNN plans to merge both polls. Does anyone know how long they keep these polls up? It originated May 9, so its possible it could be ending soon, like June 9.

Delete your cookies, vote early and often, and pass the word again. Jeff

The assailant used a 9mm semiautomatic handgun with an illegal 30-round clip

was it alredy ilegal? its funny how people get upset over things that are alredy banned and make more laws agenst them...

JES, the poll ended in June. It was posted by CNN on May 9th, and they run for about a month.

The final numbers (Lifted-221400 votes, Extended-152628 votes) have not changed since June.

Its surprising though, that the link still works. You would expect CNN to sweep it under the rug.

CNN (www.cnn.com) is at it again, they're running a quick poll regarding the assault weapons ban. Right now those in favor of letting it expire are behind 3 to 1. Is it possible to turn this around by midnight? I think so, given the last CNN poll regarding the ban (May-June 2004) was in favor of lifting the ban 3 to 2. We just need to get out the word.

Jeff

Hi There,

Well I checked the poll before I voted and after I voted and I noticed that they didn't count my vote! The number of votes (for/against) were exactly the same after as they were before I voted. Was I too late to vote? Or is there something more sinister going on?

-Blue Chips-
Webb

Definately a setup to make it look like everyone want the ban to continue! What did you expect!

I think they don't update the counters after each vote so people won't sit there trying to see their individual votes. It has gone up since I started looking but liberty is still behind.

Be sure to spread the word via email to your shooting buddies to vote on this poll.

The poll CNN started the weekend before the AWB expired is still up and running, so I assume it will run its course over about a month, We've gained some points, but we're still behind 28-72. In the last week, we've gained 5 votes for every one lost, so I'm sure the other side has now turned their attentions elsewhere.

Although the law has expired, I say keep passing the word, clearing your cookies, and voting. I just hate giving CNN anything to hang their hat on. The link to the original poll (see first post) is also still accessible. It would be great to back it up by turning this one around. Jeff

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/09/13/assault.weapons.ap/index.html

Back