What's new
What's new

Colt Ace kit firing pin

animal12

Hot Rolled
any of you folks have dimensions or a dwg for a Colt Ace firing pin ? I don't know much about the kit other than my mom bought it for m dad brand new in the 1960's.
tks
animal

Don't have dimensions, but that part is readily available. Don't lose the ejector! Tough to find, and pricey when you do.

I'm not sure that I need one . The gun won't fire ,I have put ink on the firing area on the case but I don't see a strike . I have cleaned,cleaned & cleaned the gun ,removing the firing pin & cleaning the firing pin recess. The kit has only been fired @ 300 times ,I wouldn't think that that few firing's would have worn out the firing pin ,that's why I was asking just so I can see for myself if the pin is worn down
tks
animal

I'm not sure that I need one . The gun won't fire ,I have put ink on the firing area on the case but I don't see a strike . I have cleaned,cleaned & cleaned the gun ,removing the firing pin & cleaning the firing pin recess. The kit has only been fired @ 300 times ,I wouldn't think that that few firing's would have worn out the firing pin ,that's why I was asking just so I can see for myself if the pin is worn down
tks
animal

I have a conversion kit from the late 70's. I can measure my pin OAL and post in a little while. Does the tip of your pin appear chipped or broken? Is there a depression in the chamber edge where the pit strikes?

Back