Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Custom manufacture 22lr

Hey folks, Ive got a question that may seem totally out in left field but Id like know if any one attempt to join me on the adventure.
    What Im looking to do is construct a 22lr trainer of my Savage Model 10FLCP-SR w/ 24 varnmit barrel. Id like to use the short action receiver and maintain to full length bolt throw ( so as to not to grow accustomed to the 22lr throw).
    First would this be possible, if so (I know it will be high) what kind of pricing would I be looking at?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If you are looking for accuracy, you would probably have to replace the .224" barrel with a .222" rimfire barrel. I would also expect the bolt would have to be converted to a two piece bolt with a non-rotating head to deal with the small cartridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Krelyea View Post
    Hey folks, Ive got a question that may seem totally out in left field but Id like know if any one attempt to join me on the adventure.
    What Im looking to do is construct a 22lr trainer of my Savage Model 10FLCP-SR w/ 24 varnmit barrel. Id like to use the short action receiver and maintain to full length bolt throw ( so as to not to grow accustomed to the 22lr throw).
    First would this be possible, if so (I know it will be high) what kind of pricing would I be looking at?
    WHY!! 10 characters