What's new
What's new

DeHass Chicopee Center Fire Project

eperkins

Plastic
Hello Group;

I have been building this falling block single shot rifle in my home shop and keeping a thread on it over on the Home Gunsmithing Forum. It is developing into a pretty good narrative on how to build the action. For the benefit of those who may have an interest, I decided to try to post a link on this forum. The Home Gunsmithing thread has a link to an exploded view of the action and many photographs. Hope it is of interest. Any comments or questions are welcome.

Perk in Cincinnati

http://www.roderuscustom.tzo.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?s=4106ab0c0438ffff;act=ST;f=3;t=511

I for one am always interested in the machinery used to accomplish a given project. For that reason I will list those machines I have used so far on this project.

9" SB Lathe
10" SB (10L) Lathe
18" Canedy Otto Drill Press
Benchmaster Horizontal Mill
7" SB Shaper
9X12 Sanford Surface Grinder
Lots of different files and a bench vise!

I believe a person could do pretty well with just a lathe and a drill press provided he had a milling attachment for it. In Frank DeHass book, he says the only machinery he had available to him was a 10" Atlas lathe with a milling attachment, and a drill press. The other machines make it easier and faster but are not essential for the same quality of work.

Perk in Cincinnati

........Great stuff! I plan on building a Snider action in good ole 577. I have a couple 58 cal octagon bbls and the 8620 stock for the action. I just have to clear away some other stuff first. When I start I won't want to stop until it's complete!

.......Rick

Buckshot;

When you start, you might consider running a thread over on the Homegunsmithing Forum. It is really a very easy forum to use that allows you to post photos with your messages, easily edit or make corrections. The work you do has value to others and can be an inspiration for others to attempt the same. We all keep learning!

Perk in Cincinnati

Back