Did a little refinishing this weekend (pic included)
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Did a little refinishing this weekend (pic included)

Had a buddy of mine come by with his Colt Sistema handgun. We reparkerized his and one that I have. There was a small gouge in the slide of his gun that we had to weld up and dress. After parkerizing, you can't tell it was ever there.

We used zinc parkerizing solution on one gun and manganese on the other (the darker one) from Brownells for the job. I'm very happy with the results and am looking forward to doing some other guns I own. I will probably be offering the service to my customers too.

Anyway, here's a pic of the end result...

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I love the way the manganese looks. Both are awsoem but the contrast for me sets the Manganese apart. Great job Sir.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Nice work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks guys. Until recently, my efforts with parkerizing was dismal. I've still got a couple of adjustments to make to my setup (mainly getting a strong enough heat source to get the tanks at the appropriate temperature in a reasonable amount of time).

The manganese came out very nicely. I've got a two tone 1911 I'm doing now. The frame is zinc parked and the slide and all the other parts are accented by manganese parking. When I get it done, I'll post some pics.

Today, I'm working on plating. I purchased a gold and silver brush plating set up from Caswell Plating and I tried the gold out for the first time tonight. WOW! It came out incredibly well.

Mike