What's new
What's new

Does a Glock 10mm require an angled cut for a red dot?

Eric A P

Plastic
Been searching but can't find a definitive answer. I'm building a 10mm Glock G40 clone on a Polymer80 frame. The slide is still on backorder @ Lone Wolf, but I just purchased a Vortex Venom red dot sight to mount on it. I have a mill and the print of the footprint of the sight, but am wondering if the Glock bbl is perfectly parallel to the slide upper surface. On a 1911 the bbl typically points down a degree or so and cuts for those they usually recommend a 1.5 degree slope down on the cut from rear to front. I could get Lone Wolf to cut it out for me but would rather keep the $50! OTOH, I don't want to run out of elevation adjustment either.

Also, I noticed from my search here many folks have cut their slides for red dots, however I haven't seen any with the recoil lugs machined in. I figure on mine to just drill and insert drill rod pins to secure the sight. Is that a viable plan?

Also, I am running a compensated bbl using their extended threaded bbl and comp setup for a Gen 4 "bull nose" slide. Again, a $50 option from LW to cut the bullnose on their flat faced slide. Is this do-able with a manual vertical mill or should I just pay the $50?

a4c73d2d2e438fbccbdfa4eb05c05ac9.jpg
this is a 10 mm I cut

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7df26d6b0480a9750cff1a36fde4b17c.jpg
if you are starting with a blank slide it would be a shame not to get creative with it
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back