What's new
What's new

Enfield forend

I have an Enfield on which I installed a synthetic stock. The forend of said stock is bent very much like a banana. I installed it anyway and accurace was almost ok but not good enough.
Question is can this forend be staightened possibly by the judicious use of heat???
Now before anyone says call the company that made it and ask for another, I did that, they did not want the first one back, they just sent another. It was worse.
Any ideas will be appreciated. Thanks.

Paul G.

what is it made of? if it is plasic try keeping it straig and deep drilling it and installing some 1/4 inch metal rod then devcon the crap out of that hole

If that's an Advanced Technology stock, I've got one and never did get it to fit correctly. It's got a bit of a rock back and forth between the barrel and the receiver, somewhere. Then of course, there is the fact that the back of the forend isn't drilled for the #4 Mk II crossbolt. I temporarily gave up in frustration and reinstalled the factory stock. Too bad the factory stock has a but that is about 3 inches too short for me.
Yeah, I know I can replace the short butt with a medium or long, but this gun was unissued when I bought it. Where am I going to get an unissued, blond butt for it?

Back