What's new
What's new

FFL, Gun Dealer record keeping software

tenmetre

Plastic
I know that many on here are FFL licenced Gun Dealers. Which software package do you guys use to keep tabs on your inventory?

Ideally what I am looking for is simple, one time purchase and customisable. I am not US based so some things you guys think are essential may not even apply to me here in the UK.

Thanks for your time.

I'm licensed as a manufacturer- but primarily do riflesmithing and not sales/transfers- so the paper book works fine for me.

There is a website- "FFL's Only" with members comprised solely of licensed FFL's. Not sure if they allow dealers from other countries though. I'm sure there there is a lot of experience there related to this.

No doubt, selecting the software with the best fit for your operation is going to depend on your volume, what type of information you're required to record, and other factors. Might not even be a good fit, depending on your laws.

Are there any special requirements in the UK regarding electronic, vs paper record keeping?

It's only fairly recently (2016)that electronic record-keeping has been allowed by the BATFE here in the U.S. in lieu of the "bound book".

Back