What's new
What's new

Fully dimensioned firearm prints.

b money

Plastic
I’m looking for a website I can get fully dimensioned prints of various firearms. Newly divorced and I’m wanting to decorate a little. A few years ago I found a thread on here that had a link to a site that had a ton of them. Everything from old muzzle loaders to modern machine guns and it was around $30 for a yearly membership but of course I have no idea what the site was called. I think it would be awesome to put some on my wall. Thanks everyone!

The homegunsmith.com forum has a library section. It is not very active but on the first page of the library there was a print. I assume if you go back more pages you would find more. There are a lot of gun builds discussed, i assume at least some of drawings. Membership there allows more areas to be viewed.

Last edited:
I've seen the site the OP is asking about. Even downloaded copies of original Tommy Gun prints. Because I could!
Unfortunately, the link is saved on a computer I haven't seen since March and have no idea when I'll see it again.
I probably did see it here, at least year ago, maybe two.

Dunno if the OP is dumb or just friggen lazy, because a two second search on the engine of choice will find you a TON of prints, ranging from new to old as dirt.

No need to worry about ulterior motives. Look at all the weenies out there that have pictures of naked women, but still can't get any! LOL!

Lol sorry I bothered you from your keyboard battle. I was looking for a website I previously found, I wasn’t looking for individual prints on 300 different websites. I’m fully capable of spending 20hrs a day finding a few prints but I don’t have time for that if you do awesome. For everyone else I think it was homegunsmith

While over there you could do a lot worse than to invest a few minutes reading their "How not to introduce yourself" thread.

It may shed some light on why you got treated like you did.

One thing you need to note regarding internet plans is they are not likely manufacturers' plans; rather most likely they are made from measured samples, and probably only one sample. Tolerancing will be up to you.

Last edited:
If the OP's intention is really wall hanging decoration, tolerances and exact dimensions are not that important as clean looking and sort of realistic.

If you are just looking to craft realistic looking replicas to hang on the wall you don't need dimensioned prints.

In the age of electronics a lot can be done with good clear side photographs. It is easy to grab such a photo off the net and add it as a layer in a 2D drawing program. Then simply trace over the image and read the dimensions. In the good old days many times I picked dimensions off of photographs using draftsman's dividers and then scaled a drawing on paper for models I wanted to carve or otherwise make. There are many known dimensions such as barrel length for historical arms and everything else can be scaled from that.

“Ivan the Troll.”

The M16 and M14 prints are OK, though he’s missing a lot on magazines. There’s a lot on there that’s either missing or flat out wrong for the lesser known firearms like the Sten.

The home gunsmith or whatever that one is is... less than adequate. A print with tolerances is a few thousand times more valuable than some guy who made a print using a set of calipers and the real thing.

Check out RifleConnection.com they have blueprints, 3D CAD models, and even CNC programs. Everything on the site is to working dimensions.

Check out RifleConnection.com they have blueprints, 3D CAD models, and even CNC programs. Everything on the site is to working dimensions.

You have made 2 post and it looks like you are working for the rifleconnection.something or other. Spammer are not held in high esteem here.

I can not think of one reason that someone would post that info...smells of a lawsuit waiting to happen...Phil

I can not think of one reason this would be considered illegal or lawsuit worthy?

For that you need prima facie of ill intent and ONLY THEN if you knowingly provide the info AFTER your committing a crime.

It’s completely legal to build your own firearms even without serial numbers, Jesus.

The OP was like, last year, more or less...

It would only take a few minutes searching, if he really wanted what he claimed, and in real terms the only drawings that are liable to come dimensioned and toleranced, are actually open source Military drawings from the US of A (bless 'em for that!).

Pretty much every other drawing I have ever seen or found assumes that you are well enough versed in what you are doing, to have a handle on the tolerances appropriate for what you are doing, as well as the skills in heat treating.
Some are only useful if you happen to have the casting or forging they were based upon.

I have a couple sets of drawings that are for Win 1885 High and Low Wall rifles, that frankly, are nice start, but would look great on a wall. Same with drawings of a series of different sights, at least two different supposedly 'working' Gatling guns, and a fair few others.

They would look OK onna wall, but would cause no end of problems if trusted as a source for building the actual firearm itself.

It's worth keeping a skeptic's eye on things if you actually think the drawings are supposed to be useful for building what they are of!

I can not think of one reason this would be considered illegal or lawsuit worthy?

For that you need prima facie of ill intent and ONLY THEN if you knowingly provide the info AFTER your committing a crime.

It’s completely legal to build your own firearms even without serial numbers, Jesus.

You are absolutely correct that it’s completely legal to build your own firearms. However, I'll also share with you another undeniable fact...

Anyone can be sued at any time for any reason! It's up to lawyers and judges (or juries) to decide if the lawsuit has merit. It can ruin a person to defend even though he did nothing wrong. I have tons of drawings from hundreds of sources that I will never make available. You can not control how others misuse information. I will not accept that risk!

You are free to do as you please, IMHO. But then again I don't see you posting drawings either...

Back