What's new
What's new

Gatling Gun 30/40 Krag

Custommachining

Cast Iron
I'm in the process of making a gatling gun 30-40 Krag caliber. I'm not sure if I want to produce my own barrels. If I choose to purchase barrel blanks, what manufacturer would be recommended?

Brett

Get some Hart SS barrels

Make a benchrest Gatling, and you would be the only one in your class, instant 1st place.............for a little while anyway.:-)

Brett, Don't forget the Brass & Bullets!

Brett, The way components are drying up you might want to put up a good supply of
.30-40 Brass and if memory serves me correctly some Hornady 220 Grain full metal jacketed bullets.

Powder & Primers are becomming scarce as well.

Good Luck & Good shooting, Pictures !!

Steve

Once I was thinking about building a gatling gun that shoots 12 guage shotgun shells. Bullets are cheap, loud, distructive, blast the hell out of something real quick, fun, fun ,fun. I need some good blue prints of a gatling gun.

I once had thoughts about building a 12g gatling as well. I had a pile of barrels with recivers from J.C. Higgins barrels from the bolt recall thing from a few years ago. But I believe a 12g gatling will fall into the destructive device catagory with the ATF. It would be an awesome firearm though.

In trhe early 90s I installed a riveting machine for airbags at Allied Signal in Louisville, Tenn. There was a guy who helped develope the Striker. He had a video of his 12 year old soin shooting it. Really well made from the looks of it.

I was told once the striker was a baby XM180 (think DOGS OF WAR movie). and Perhaps Preditor #1.

I had loads of fun with it in the days of Dragons Breath, bursting flairs, and a few home made party favors.

I would use cast lead/tin/antimony alloy bullets if I built a 30-40 krag gatling gun. The gun is not dependent in any way on the cartridge having a high pressure loading like recoil operated or gas operated repeaters are.

Your barrels will last a lot longer with lead bullets and a mild loading.

Bill

Back