What's new
What's new

A good paperweight, as advertised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

donie

Diamond
What can I say, the new techno stuff is just not for me, if I need a drawing, its pencil and paper, on a good drafting table, with the basic tools, and that includes a decent paper weight.
So much talk about paper weights, but just try to find a review! Will it hold the paper to the green Borco mat?
I can only speak for this billet paper weight as being better for holding paper because it has risers where it lays flat on both sides.
Often it is said that forged paper weights are better in many ways, but I find them a bit floppy on the table.
The billet offers an attractive finish with the skinny end milling, and this one has an integral trigger gard, that gives it an ergo feel moving it about the work area.

Brl1N1E.jpg

Interesting these paper weights are climbing rapidly in price. Remains to be seen what happens next.
I really am using this as a paper weight.

What can I say, the new techno stuff is just not for me, if I need a drawing, its pencil and paper, on a good drafting table, with the basic tools, and that includes a decent paper weight.
So much talk about paper weights, but just try to find a review! Will it hold the paper to the green Borco mat?
I can only speak for this billet paper weight as being better for holding paper because it has risers where it lays flat on both sides.
Often it is said that forged paper weights are better in many ways, but I find them a bit floppy on the table.
The billet offers an attractive finish with the skinny end milling, and this one has an integral trigger gard, that gives it an ergo feel moving it about the work area.

Brl1N1E.jpg

Interesting these paper weights are climbing rapidly in price. Remains to be seen what happens next.

OK. Maybe you are getting a sense of humour back? Or even just faking it for giggles to wind-up the Bigger Kids? Good on yah, either way. SOMEBODY has to steal Oxygen.

Also "BFD" on the "paperweight". Who gives a s**t what a nut-job thinks is "cute"?
Grownups use 3-jaw scroll chucks, given they are near-as-dammit WORTHLESS for anything ELSE.

And if paper-pressing is your newest FAKE gig? Will you still be enough of a Bad ASS "biker dude" as to be able to lick your ass without getting a crick in your neck and falling off the Harley at 90 miles an hour?

And when do we get to see your TITS?
Sore WEARY of you only showing us you're (an) ASS!

Yah, yah, yah "the termite has never done ANYTHING".
That self-imposed blind spot, frankly, should scare the living s**t out of you.
Not that I have to give a damn.

Star Model 50, condition ONE, full mag of .45 Silvertips makes a more USEFUL paperweight, BTW.

Or it could do.. if your atrophied arms could still LIFT it and keep it in battery, treasury stance, rapid.

Chaplain's Office is three doors down the hall, BTW.

Gunsmithing forum don't run a "day care" center for free-range infantile pyschopaths lookin' to start a bun-fight amongst those who work for their living.

Or have done, anyway.

Good on 'em.

They get more than enough wannabee nut-cases eyeball-to-eyeball as walk-ins without having to recruit Walla Walla Whining Wild Turdkey drama-queens "over the wire".

Not the easiest of trades to make a living at, and was never.

Might want to file the sights off your beloved MASSIVELY POWERFUL ".38-44" wheel-gun?

Hear tell it hurts less going up yerazz.

:(

Well you attracted thermite so kiss this thread goodbye.

It was his plan, after all. You started a saner thread instead of just the odd cheap shot?

Point us to it. We can jump-ship on this useless trash in a single click.

I WHY, on God's Green Earth, would anyone WANT one of his fool troll-threads preserved in ANY case? Screen pollution is all they ever were.

Nobody ever saw a tired machine-tool - covered in RUST or not - before he found a camera?

Didn't THINK we had led such sheltered lives.. even on the way to the loo.. in our own shop!

:)

Get THAT starved for free entertainment as to become food for a nutcase to amuse his wierd ass with?

We should clock-out and go break some clays, punch holes in paper, cut the grass, have a cold brew, fix a sam handwich.... maybe even get laid?

Not necessarily in any particular order, either!

A "Hive mind" don't live on PM. We are all different folks, and seriously INDEPENDENT about that.

And even if it did? No cheap-ass "drama-queen" commands the "hive"!

And damned few even of the most egregiously greedy fools, actually.

Or so I HAD thought .. until .. what's the time-stamp on Post # 5 again?

:D

Brl1N1E.jpg

Pretty useless as a paperweight, I find that 2"x2"x1/2" blocks of tungsten are very effective. On my drawing board I use tape, 3M painters tape is best, it holds well, removes easily, leaves no residue and it dose not get in the way as a paperweight tends to.

I tend to use a bench block if I need a paper weight

Stone me for a heathen. I tend to use a paperweight when I need a paperweight;

Harold Hacker

Then again Harold was quite the colorful character... and my favourite Uncle.

He even taught me how to make the equipment to make these. And make them.

Not obvious, but the coloured glass objects are smaller than they look once encased in the leaded crystal "magnifier". Which has a different coefficient of expansion and a higher melting point than the coloured glass. This part is not for the amateur. [1]

So I have more than just the one.

Some of them rejects, given it took five or more attempts to get one "just right", not even a MINOR flaw. Tiny legs and tails tended to melt, break, or both as the molten crystal was flowed around them,

"Tough act to follow"?

Welll. at least sore TEDIOUS... but what ELSE was a world-class master glass artist - and multimillionaire - to DO with his time at an age most folks would have been classed as "retirees", even "elderly", not just "seniors".

"Retire? From what?"

"I've never done anything in my whole life I didn't WANT to do!"

One could f**k with Old Iron, maybe?

He was a fair hand with a wrench, lathe or mill as well, come to think of it!
Didn't just race dirt-trackers. Built his own. 1920's.

Most of the family has always been "handy". Or recognized artists in some media or another, engravings, etchings, sculpture, steel pen.... even paint?

Syrinx | Art UK

[1] Flowers were much easier. Melting just a tad "softened" the outline of their petals. See the work of his friends, the St Clairs:

St Clair Glass information, pictures and references from the Glass Encyclopedia.

It's the sexual tension between the two that ruins these threads for me.
You two, get a room, put bags on one another's heads, get on and over it.

It's the sexual tension between the two that ruins these threads for me.
You two, get a room, put bags on one another's heads, get on and over it.

That comes up often enough that I've come to regard it as a highly reliable indicator that those who post such nonsense are not "just" ignorant fools seeking second-hand attention.

But also themselves seriously BENT individuals in search of "free advertising" of their "sexual tension" bend off the back of discord they OTHERWISE have neither an interest in, nor a meaningful contribution to offer.

Just advertising of their OWN bent.

Go figure.

There seems to be a new fashion as to "strength in numbers" for any debilitating affliction?

No foul. You are only one of many such.

Patience.

Gender re-assignment surgery may soon be Federally funded, "second hand" protective prurient posse no longer required.

While you await that liberating day?

It is probably quite legal, even under ITAR rules, if not also personally satisfying, that you simply shag yourself.

With a gear hob?

Crosswise?

Dyer might not even ask for photos. Surely I'll just "pass".

Brl1N1E.jpg

Well you almost had a conversation starter there. I can hear it now:
Bans on paper weights! They are coming for your paper weights! Do you really need a paper weight when a shot gun will do?! I am sure others can think of plenty more.
Since this has not been quoted yet I will add another:
When paper weights are banned only criminals will have paper weights.

I rarely frequent this site anymore but when I do I seem to pickup on someone's rant, what fun...
I'll add to the fire once, those do make a great paperweight and let's hope the lefts' dreams don't come true.
I started working on a paperweight of my own March 1st. I won't disclose how many of these said paperweights I have but there a few, so following a month of Sunday's and a few late nights when I could get away with it here's what I got accomplished last month on this paperweight. You'll notice too that it is moved from holding down paper to holding down green felt - which is another project in itself...77-268.jpg77-269.jpg

moved from holding down paper to holding down green felt - which is another project in itself...View attachment 318255View attachment 318256

Green felt, "naked" ain't yer enemy.

It's when it has a bunch of round balls, round chips, or rectangular pitcher post cards atop it gets into a sore expensive special education mode.

Firearms are safer. Kinda "directional" at least, ain't they?

Gambling is more like messing with an omnidirectional hand grenade.

The termite is an interesting fool, as can be seen I posted this as a joke, and he went ballistic.
In effect, the faltering old fake, attempts to censor me with his tirades, when I decide to post a thread, and even more so when I post photos. Why? More his problem then mine.

Now back on the paper weight, old paper weights for drafting were called ducks.
And the paper weight was in the news today! The walking dead here probably didnt notice, but we were informed today,"that anyone with a CNC machine can make paper weights!" and they are going to do something about it!

Yeah, we live in a weird world. Protection from liability when a weapon is used in a crime is back in the news. Not sure how Ford would do if that could be sued for making such an attractive vehicle for two legged coyotes. Had friends that had their heavy four door trucks and SUVs stolen for transport of illegals. The coyotes commonly blow through intersections when pursued, one county south of here is averaging more than 2 pursuits a day, the first thing they do now is block the exits that go to residential areas so the coyotes do not fly through them at 100+MPH. Any one hear of calls for bans on autos after the capital policeman was killed? Knives?

How is the manufacturer of firearm responsible for what a stolen fire arm is used for? Only goal is to eliminate all US firearms manufacturing.

Donie,
you know that you could cut that thing in half and have 2 paper weights? When they bust your door down looking for it you can point to the 2 of them and ask the officers if they feel foolish.

When it comes to firearms, I am truly an Elmer Fudd!
The AR 15, is really out of place in my hands. Give me a model 70 Winchester please!
Besides, isnt the mini 14 the real hillbilly rifle?

This is crazy of me to show this paperweight, it could stir up interpol!
lb0i5jG.jpg

This paper weight, could be anything!!!! Just look at the ugly MF that has it!!

The interpol agents, cant hack the drafting table, the female agents cant get near the donie, because of BO.

All joking aside, if you have a shop, expect increased sting operations, always comical, but look out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back