What's new
What's new

Gun drill oil

cuslog

Aluminum
So, I've built a gun drill / rifling machine from the "Bill Webb" plans / DVD set thats been around a few years now. Made 8 barrels (45-70)with varying degrees of success. The gun drill oil I was using is no longer available and wondering what others might be using ?
TIA

Call a coolant and cutting oil distributor in your area. Tell them what your doing and go with their recommendation
Ha !, Yeah I've tried that ! Tried the supplier I bought the dis-continued stuff from "I'll call the Castrol rep. and get their recommendation - I'll get back to ya" - Nothing - Guess they can't be bothered with a guy that only wants a 5 gal. pail of it.
Emailed my gun drill supplier (they do custom drilling too) "I don't need any drills right now but what oil are you using in your own shop these days" ?
Nothing - guess I need to buy a drill from them to tell me what oil they're using these days.

EMAIL]
Ha !, Yeah I've tried that ! Tried the supplier I bought the dis-continued stuff from "I'll call the Castrol rep. and get their recommendation - I'll get back to ya" - Nothing - Guess they can't be bothered with a guy that only wants a 5 gal. pail of it.
Emailed my gun drill supplier (they do custom drilling too) "I don't need any drills right now but what oil are you using in your own shop these days" ?
Nothing - guess I need to buy a drill from them to tell me what oil they're using these days.

Google H&B Petroleum Company. They can fix you up. I use their gun drill oil for cutting chambers in a flush system, and their thread cutting oil for threads. Good folks and good products. [email protected]

Last edited:

Back