What's new
What's new

Home Gunsmith Forum

Kurt.A

Plastic
Just wondering if there is anybody on this forum that is also on the Home Gunsmith Forum? Is the forum having issues recently? I paid for a subscription to the forum but have never gotten any reply. Still not able to log in after a month of waiting. I'm suspecting that I got ripped off by some hacker. If some one can get in touch with PVT Ryan and let him know what is going on it would be appreciated.

Tks
Kurt

Assuming that it is the Homegunsmith.com that weasefire mentioned the site has been in something of a decline. There was a paid membership that allowed more privileges. I did sign up several years ago and my log in still works, just tried it to make sure. You should be able to contact the admin and get some help. Not sure how often they check their mail.

I also recently paypal'ed $10 in as the website said it was a requirement. But like the OP no one has responded to my questions, and I can't log in either.

Yes it is homegunsmith.com that I have paid for access to. There seems to be regular postings happening, so the site isn't down. Without access to the site I can't post, PM or even get an email to contact the moderators. I have tried following up on the e-mail address that the pay pal payment went to but just get Failure to Deliver notices. Fred would you be willing to post or PM PVT Ryan and let him know what is going on for us.

Tks
Kurt

I did send a message and mentioned your problems as well as a link to this thread.
If I hear no reply I will post a message in general discussions and see what other members say.

I got a reply from PvtRyan, he is having problems with email notification and is working on it. I asked if I could copy and paste his reply, if OK I will do that.
added
In my first PM I did copy and paste a link to this page, if you all used the same log in over there it will probably help him find it. I did see a couple of new members from Jan 2020.

I am a moderator over there, too. If this doesn't get cleared up in a week or so, PM me here and I will see what I can do.

By the way, Orange has been marked as a spammer.

Here is my message to PR and 2 replies. He is working the issue and making some progress.

In a recent thread on Practical machinist there have been at least 2 that have tried to sign up as members and had no response. Can you help out?
]Page not found - Practical Machinist : Practical Machinist

Hi Fred, Thank you for letting me know. We get signups every day, but it appears that the email address is no longer working. I didn't know it had stopped. I have our web guy looking into it. If anyone signs up using PayPal, I just check the account and can create the new accounts. But I no longer get the email from PayPal saying there is a new signup. I'll let you know when the email is working again.

Thanks for your help!

PvtRyan

Hi Fred, sure feel free to post.

Again, sorry about the issue. I got some signups today so it is working. It's just a manual process until the email issue is resolved. But it is working.

Whoever is authorized to access PayPal should be able to find the email address of those sending money, I sell parts every week and get the email from paypal to send them tracking info. Of course if the account is setup as only donations they may not hold email addresses, I've often had that problem from customers who think they are doing me a favor listing the payment as "For freinds and family" (no charge for the transaction), when they do that I get no physical address to send the prodiuct to them, and I suppose it may be that under some setups they don't save email addresses in the open for authorized persona to access them.

Back