What's new
What's new

How to reduce the diameter of these.???

heckinohio

Aluminum
I am trying to add x54R to my Vickers calibers. I have a new chrome lined x54R barrel. However, the Vickers barrel studs that fit into the Vickers rails are a smaller diameter than the x54R barrel studs. If I enlarge the holes in the rails, I cant use the Vickers barrels any more (.303 & 8mm). I need to know how to reduce this diameter. I have no machinery of any type........I do have a very capable guy standing by with lotsa machines & experience.

Back to the Vickers....... the studs are .597 Vickers, .630 x54R barrel. Eyeball indicates the rear portion of the .630 is OK where it is, material removal has to come from top, bottom and front..???

Manage attachment doesnt work here either.

PJH

FefV42tl.jpg

Vickers barrels . don bell [rip] had crates of them all new . i got ten of them from him there just the thing to turn down and tread for a p-14 dp rifle . and the cool thing is you have the 5 lands and grove left hand rifeing . one time when i was at dons he gave me the front end of two snow cap 7.62 x 54 barrels as all the guy wanted was the back end to bush mg-13 8x57 barrels in to. i miss going to dons he was a nice guy . always let me have to run of his yard all he would say is [if the door is open when your done leave it open if its closed and you open it when your done close it ] i would love to put them mg barrels on bolt guns don would call them frankanstine guns dp-28 on a 91/30 , mg-13 on a turk 38 , matsen on a vz-24 got a bren barrel from don that i always wanted to do a take down on a p-14 but could never find a demill front of a bren to get the threads but hey one day i may just have to make one yup just what the world needs a take down p-14 with a bren barrel in it .i would find a barrel at dons tell him what i wanted to do with it ask him how much and he would tell me dealer sample [no charge]

Back