Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    ALAND ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default A little sight project

I hope this is OK to post here and not offend the professionals. If so please remove.

I really like the little Rossi R92 lever guns. They have that goofy ďHillaryĒ safety on the top of the bolt. People have been, for years, removing them and plugging the hole or using the peep sight from Steveís Gunz. Itís a nice sight but Iíve never liked the looks of it with the lock nut and the #8 size Skinner aperture post is just wimpy. The adapter is super sloppy, no doubt there is considerable variation in the hole size so they have to make it a fit-all.

Iíve been fumbling around and finally came up with prototype #1. I machined this adapter from 6061 and used an aperture post from XS Sights. I lost my 4-40 set screw so itís not shown. Iím not sure about the longevity of my material choice, and have ordered some 303 stainless stock for prototype #2. Iím going to use hex, I think it will look better. Iíll have to come up with a custom tap if I pursue the stainless route, it looks like the aperture post is 7/32-64.

Nothing that many others havenít already done but a fun Winter project anyway.