What's new
What's new

Luger firing pin retainer.

Lester Bowman

Hot Rolled
Apparently I broke the firing pin retainer on a 32 ACP ( Correction..7.65 Parabellum ) Luger I have. I believe this to be an Import model made years ago. Long story short..when it broke it jammed up the gun expelling the Lugged part of the retainer. This I never could find. I discovered the "spring guide" upon disassembly...the long tapered piece which fits inside the spring.

Is this tapered piece just a guide or does it stop the firing pin at a certain distance? I think I could machine one of these if the dimensions are not critical. I am hoping someone here could share a dimensional print so I can give it a go.

Better yet..anyone have a good used retainer they are willing to part with? This is a 7.65mm Parabellum )Luger. If all the retainers are the same I can just buy one on line. Does anyone know if they are all the same between different calibers or do they differ? This particular pistol is a genuine Luger not a copy. Thank you!

Last edited:
No Luger was ever chambered for .32ACP as far as I can tell. The 7.65 Parabellum, aka 7.65 Luger and probably other names is entirely different. It is 4mm longer and a bottleneck case. I cannot see how the .32 ACP could possibly fire in the Luger's chamber successfully. If you actually have a .32ACP chamber that pistol has been altered.
Unless. Between the wars the production in arms in military calibers was restricted. Luger considered production in civilian cartridges and produced 5 prototypes, 2 in .380 or 9mm short and 3 in .32 ACP. The whereabouts of 2 of these is known. If you actually have the 3rd "Baby Luger", you are in the chips.

tdmidget...you are absolutely correct. I had my head up my A#* on this one. I've been playing around all day with a DREYSE 1907 which is chambered for the 32 ACP. (7.65 mm) My apology's.

The correct caliber is of course the necked cartridge 7.65 Parabellum as you have noted. I pulled the clip and double checked which I should have done the first go around. Sorry about the confusion and thank you for the correction :)

Back