What's new
What's new

Marlin Shotgun

steelsponge

Aluminum
I have a promotional marlin 410 shotgun receiver, lever action. They gave way back when if you bought stock in the company. I want to turn threads on a barrel blank, and make this gun useable. I have a magazine tube and that is about it. I've never done anything like this before. What am I up against? Thank you for reading, Clyde

If its a 336 action ,the main features will be the small extension on the left side of the chamber ,the small diameter of the tenon ,and square threads......depends whet caliber you want ...possibly one of similar dimensions to the 410 ,so you dont have feed problems.......Never the less,a Marlin 336 is a lot easier than a Win 94 with delicate and critical cartridge guides........In fact the Marlin is a clever design action,as it bypasses the feeding difficulties of top ejection ,nothing to do with scope mounting.I believe the side ejection was designed by R.L.Hepburn .

If I had one ,I would rifle the bore ,and use the brass 410 cases shortened to around 1.8".....the bore is gonna be close to 450,and although Ive got a surplus of 45s,one with a smaller capacity case would be OK.....If necessary ,a custom mould may be needed is the bore is much different to 450,but thats no problem.

If I had one ,I would rifle the bore ,and use the brass 410 cases shortened to around 1.8".....the bore is gonna be close to 450,and although Ive got a surplus of 45s,one with a smaller capacity case would be OK.....If necessary ,a custom mould may be needed is the bore is much different to 450,but thats no problem.

Question there isn't enough difference between a 410 and a 450 to cause a problem. I like the idea. I'm not a gunsmith by any stretch of the imagination. It would be a cool long gun. Thank you, Clyde

Back