What's new
What's new

My new toy.

Looking good.

One of my family members used to be very active in the full auto shoots out in the AZ desert.
They had a pair of perfect museum quality Maxims with full original kit- the water cans and boxes etc- really perfect guns.

I think right now if I could have one auto it would be a Lewis.
That crazy feed mechanism is a work of art.

Looking good.

One of my family members used to be very active in the full auto shoots out in the AZ desert.
They had a pair of perfect museum quality Maxims with full original kit- the water cans and boxes etc- really perfect guns.

I have always wanted a BAR.....

Full Auto. I didn't even know they made a semi auto model. I do reload so not too bad on the price of ammo. It's getting hard to find primers however. I do get tired of looking for the links in tall grass. I think I am going to add a brass catcher. It's not cheap to shoot but it's a hobby. Some folks pay a thousand bucks to catch a fish. I pay a hundred bucks or so to blow the crap out of a 55 gallon drum.

It might be you could get you some fish with that simply by showing the pointy end to some fishermen.
I have for a long time thought that I would like to have one of those, wife says I don't need one, I told her we don't need 30 purses but somehow they showed up anyhow, perhaps the same might apply ot one of these?
Glad to see you enjoying such a fine piece of machinery!

You should try carrying that M-60 everywhere you go for a few months. That might dampen your enthusiasm. It was a great tool, but now, just a relic.

Here's a couple more for squirrel control.

No need.

Virginia's "squirrels" mostly got theyselves seats in Government buildings, more busy driving folks bankrupt from a distance than offering to even show their faces, "physically".

Wouldn't recognize my local Kommisars if I bumped into 'em shopping finer foods in the Wegman's "sky's the limit" deli section.

Most 'specially since their tax-and-vapourize games guide the rest of us into the markdowns in Food Lion?

Looking good.

The machine gun shoot is next weekend about 10 miles from me. mgshooters.com is their site.

It might be you could get you some fish with that simply by showing the pointy end to some fishermen.
I have for a long time thought that I would like to have one of those, wife says I don't need one, I told her we don't need 30 purses but somehow they showed up anyhow, perhaps the same might apply ot one of these?
Glad to see you enjoying such a fine piece of machinery!

I could never understand the desire to own an AR-15 either but in 91 or 92 when there was a lot of talk about banning them I broke down and bought one. If the machine gun crackdown had happened 20 years later I would probably own one of them too. I typically don't ask my wife for her opinion on my buying things like guns. It works out better that way.

I could never understand the desire to own an AR-15 either but in 91 or 92 when there was a lot of talk about banning them I broke down and bought one. If the machine gun crackdown had happened 20 years later I would probably own one of them too. I typically don't ask my wife for her opinion on my buying things like guns. It works out better that way.

LOL! Wife prolly has easily a hundred pairs of SHOES if not more.. on three continents.

But wot the hey? At least she has well-formed FEET! Not to mention MONEY enough to keep her tribe of purses supplied on her own resources. Why get involved?

:D

Me and firearms, OTOH?

Best I can say is I can HIT well enough, fast enough, my ugly face ain't likely to even be in range of evaluating for "pretty".. paper target or otherwise!

"Why get involved" indeed!

:D

I just talk about things now and again until she is to the point of ignoring me when I do and spits out an answer like uh huh, whatever, that is how I ended up with 4 motorcycles

I just talk about things now and again until she is to the point of ignoring me when I do and spits out an answer like uh huh, whatever, that is how I ended up with 4 motorcycles

Annnd but the ONE wife of many years, "last" in life, and "first" in priority, being more important than "first in SEQUENCE", but NOT "first" in mutual respect, pragmatic tolerance, nor ultimate status?

I recall a discussion from another Pilgrim as to how his wife was anti every dam' THING he ever wanted to do! Probably just as a reflexive knee-jerk, "on principal" at her "property" going uppity and at-risk of escaping his assigned box?

The older, wiser, guy he was dumping all his frustrations into the ear of, just listened, very patiently.. finally said:

"My first wife was like that."

My Ex finally got her silly CURTAINS.... ugly match to other s**t, too, given she had the rare colour-blindness gene in a female that saw oranges as shades that she thought matched BLUES!

Go figure.

But I was the one got more tools, comfier home, waay larger "happy rations"... and even better-paid!

Not to forget, eventually far the better life-partner, 30-plus years .. and still counting!

If sumthin's broke?

Fix it! Or at least suffer in silence.

Going queer for belt-fed weapons when there is less than a competent platoon of hard-core enemies shooting AT you is kinda scary.

What next? Claymore's for door alarms? Clearing yer home's entrance hallway with a frag when coming home from the office? Putting a round of number-one buck through your daily junk-mail postbox, "just in case" it might not be safe?

:(

"Mass destruction is exactly what it says it is. Check the statistics:

Machine Gunner : Tales of the Grim Reaper by Roger Ford

M60's and GPMG's made their bones when and where it mattered. But AFAIK? Only the Cambodians actually ATE of the dead during the span of "modern" belt-feds, US and otherwise.

Better ways to put more acceptable pork on the table? Supposedly same flavour as "long pig" in the opinion of them as have sampled BOTH, Papua New Guineans, to name but ONE as wasn't too shy to even discuss the subject, War Two if not earlier.

Some "toy's" just ain't all that healthy of a direction, off the attitude alone?

While I never fired an M-60 in anger I found it very enjoyable to shoot. I was a gunner and fired thousands of rounds. Fifty-five gallon drums at 1100 meters never had a chance... At 23 lbs. it did get heavy. I guess I have to hunt down a MG shoot sometime as I really would like to fire one again sometime.

Back