Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Meopta made Zeiss Conquest up until the late 20 teens. They also made Cabela's Instinct products. I know they provide the glass to some other high-end optics companies who put their own name on the product and charge a lot more than Meopta does for the same glassed item. You would definitely be surprised I am sure. Meopta has really made steps in the right direction as far as making optics we want to use in the US. In my opinion, they provide a great value for your $.

2. Likes Butch Lambert liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default scope

Quote Originally Posted by D.Minnich View Post
    Cool I think that name was mentioned once before. You in Arkansas? Just wondering because that's where most of the boar are...no? Sorry I am naïve. I dont think we have them in Ohio...Turkey and deer are big here...from what I understand...coarse I may be talking out my ass too...I'll shut up now.
    I am in TX and hunt all over the S. Wild hogs have spread all over. I know guys who have hunted them from TX all the way to the Atlantic Ocean. Crazy how fast they multiply and the damage they do to the land. I have seen them smaller than a football to 1 over 600 pounds who literally crushed the enclosure he was trapped in. They can take a pounding too, that's why I constantly say, use good ammo and make a good shot. No one wants to wound an animal and have it run off. We have found that the sows under 150 pounds are the best eating. If you get the chance to go, do it, it is exciting.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Vortex has a lot to offer and a awesome warrenty.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MeanMachine1980 View Post
    Vortex has a lot to offer and a awesome warrenty.
    Yes too this!!!!! Isn't this the place that snubs all of the companies who's products aren't "'MURICAN MADE"? What happened to "good ol' 'murican iron"?

Yes, Vortex has products that are made over-seas, but many that are made here in the U S of A!

Time to stand by your words, boys! Recommend an American made product over a bang-for-your-buck deal.

Practice what you preach, folks...

6. Likes MCritchley liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ha Ha! All American here with this vintage 1948 Weaver K6, on a difficult to tune Ruger 77/22, featuring no modern improvements like a constant centered reticle. If you want the cross hairs to be centered, you have to work the mounts.
    The attraction it has for me on this 22 rimfire is, the ultra fine cross hairs, combined with its small 26mm or so objective lens is dramatic reduction in parallax error. And the scope is brighter then one would think, as mention before you eye can absorb only so much light.
    So, you can see what you want to hit with fine cross hairs, and be able to use the rifle from 25 feet on to 75 yards, without parallax error, its just a 22.
    And, the first Weaver k scopes had the now fashionable open turrets! Before 1950 anyway.

I cant see spending so much for scopes on short range rifles

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post

I cant see spending so much for scopes on short range rifles
    Awwwwww com on you hurt my feelings!!. . . .currently running nightforce competition 15-55x on anschutz .22 at 100 and 200yds

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have never fired a rifle at a gun range, I am always far away deep in the woods, the rifle I have shown is for that purpose, and is nearly indestructible, as I and it have taken a few tumbles down rock slides.
    The country is rugged and forested, lucky to find 50yrds of clear ground to shoot.
    In my circumstance, I think any but the most basic scopes is just not needed, and its going to get beat up.
    The problem the new scopes have is with depth of field, or focus, resulting in parallax error in the short distances I am able to shoot in 25ft to 50yds probably max. Half the time, I leave the scope off.
    The small objective lens on the really old weavers, allow much more depth of field at close distance. To further adapt the old scope, I machined a spacer that is behind the objective focusing the scope for the close distance, same function as the range ring on more modern scopes. With the increased depth of field of the old scope no adjustment is needed for 25ft to about 75yrds. And there are those ultra fine cross hairs, really nice for close distance with the rimfire round.
    Often in bear country, I pop a few rounds along the trek, and keep an old S&W 38/44, with Elmer Keith loads, just in case.