What's new
What's new

Question about Garage Gunsmithing

bsstan

Aluminum
Does anyone else follow Garage Gunsmithing? Is it gone? I hate to promote another site on this one, but there was a post I wanted to save.

Something I found on this subject.

very informative piece in Forbes on the unbelievable hypocrisy of Google....

Google Sadly Joins The Anti-Gun Brigade - Forbes

Google Sadly Joins The Anti-Gun Brigade
Frank Miniter Contributor

Why is Google censoring products used for self-protection by America’s gun owners? Google is censuring information on guns and other products from Google Shopping. Sure, we know they once gave in to the Chinese government, but why are they censoring products used for self-protection by America’s gun owners?

Google announced this new policy on May 31. Now firearms manufacturers and others are pointing out Google’s hypocrisy. Meanwhile, the media has mostly ignored the story.

Google’s new, anti-gun policy, assigns a “family status” to all products. Products that are “non-family safe” are blocked from Google Shopping. This includes guns, ammunition and knives, as well as vehicles, tobacco and radar scramblers.

Interesting, I tried duckduckgo, and its finding all kinds of new, better links on gun related stuff that google had not been finding for me at all.
so much for google, they wrecked youtube, they don't wreck my gun searches no more.

I once read if you want to save something save it in 3 places. I guess I should have save the files I wanted when I had the chance!

Personally I avoid using anything from Google. Not just because it is Google but because I've never seen a situation where one company becoming dominant in an industry results in good things happening.

Steve

I've never been on that site but seen it mentioned on others. In a nutshell the site is going through a change of ownership and there has been a few hangups. One of the mods posts on weaponsguild so it's been discussed there.

Back