What's new
What's new

Question for Speerchucker30X3

All threads are right hand. Never had a problem with anything working loose if that's what you're worried about. I use lock nuts on the oil delivery tube and material stops to keep them from wandering of course. The locking collar that holds it all in is threaded to match the right hand thread of the off side of the spindle of the lathe. I tossed it in the dividing head when I made it and drilled four 3/8ths holes in it so I could tighten it with a spanner. Has never worked loose yet, even when I'm banging on the hand wheel of the 5C collet closer with the heel of my hand to open the collets.

Gunsmith Rod Henrickson Oil22.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, I'm gonna have to make something here as well to do my first barrel in the next little while.

What sort of coupling do you use to connect the oil line to the flush system? What do you use to at the chamber end to deal with spray?

I seem to recall you explaining this in another post but I'll be stuffed if I can find it.

Garry

I use a Duff-Norton rotary coupling at the muzzle end. To control spray, plastic butter tubs of various sizes with holes cut to fit barrel shank and reamer holder.

What sort of coupling do you use to connect the oil line to the flush system? What do you use to at the chamber end to deal with spray?

I seem to recall you explaining this in another post but I'll be stuffed if I can find it.

Garry

I have used water and oil swivels but standard air couplers work just as well and they will take 150 pounds of pressure.

ADD NOTE: The only major difference between using honest to goodness oil swivels and air couplers is that the oil swivels cost about $300.00 if I order them from Acklands or a machine shop supply and the air couplers cost about $4.95 at Walmart. Also, the oil swivels have to be connected and disconnected with wrenches every time and the air couplers just pop apart. The air couplers wear out in a year or two and get drippy and you have to replace them or put a new O ring in them. Another painful trip to Walmart.

Back