What's new
What's new

Rare Breed

Tk1985

Plastic
Not a machinist but looking for possible flaws in my thought pattern from anyone familiar with the AR15/M16 trigger mechanisms and the Rare Breed FRT-15 triggers

Super shitty pic I know. But if you could mill out the middle where the blue dotted lines are, make a yellow piece that fits inside, spring is pink, roll pin is green, and make a hammer with a hook. I don’t see why that wouldn’t let a 3 position safety make it semi and FRT.

Or mill out the center of the trigger to just accept a m16 disconnector and modify the hammer or cut down an AR hammer.

8C62FA16-564F-4FEE-8C34-9CAD940A695F.jpg

Last edited:
Edits

To add some thoughts, the center would be milled out from the back the width of an AR disconnector. The yellow piece would be said disconnector.

The forced reset trigger is not full auto, it’s semi. So you want
Safe—-semi—-FRT

These triggers are already riding on a very thin fine line, one mess up and your a felon.

And probably plastered all over the news in an attempt to ban them

Not a machinist but looking for possible flaws in my thought pattern from anyone familiar with the AR15/M16 trigger mechanisms and the Rare Breed FRT-15 triggers

Super shitty pic I know. But if you could mill out the middle where the blue dotted lines are, make a yellow piece that fits inside, spring is pink, roll pin is green, and make a hammer with a hook. I don’t see why that wouldn’t let a 3 position safety make it semi and FRT.

Or mill out the center of the trigger to just accept a m16 disconnector and modify the hammer or cut down an AR hammer.

View attachment 321255
Did you happen to come back to this project?? I know someone made an upgrade kit for both the rare breed and Alamo trigger. But it looks like they aren’t made anymore.

good luck i hope you have a privet range to test this thing at as its not a good thing when you have a lot of brass in the air at one time and that's were your heading

There are a couple printable 3pos FART setups floating around. They have some sort of disconnector that ignores the bar in semi and basically slide when in FART mode. I'll have to go look back at the CAD I have on those.

I should take apart my buddies FART and see how it works. Making it have a non forced semi mode should be possible. Would be much more useful with a non forced semi mode like my binary has.

So many people are scared shitless of things that are new, different and fun because the fun nazis (AFT) may try to illegally take away their fun again as they have done since the beginning of time. A FART is still semi auto by the definition made by Congress (the law MAKING entity) and not whatever the AFT (the law ENFORCEMENT entity) thinks. Even their tech branch founder is on record saying the FRT is semi only. Until you can outrun good ol Jerry M there is no such thing as a ROF enhancer for semi auto either. He out runs many a machine gun with a revolver. Runs faster with a revolver than my sub gun runs with the low ROF upper!

ATF will be knocking
they have ruled those triggers machine gun parts.
don’t have installed when they show up.
they have hit the manufactures up for records and are being aggressive about getting
them out of circulation.

multiple YouTube post on the subject, Washington gun law is one of the lawyers.

Knock?......I thought they just busted the door down at 2am.
Apparently they are being very polite sending out letters asking you to turn
them over.
similar thing is happening with the solvent traps that could be made into suppressors
so far it’s been you stop manufacture and sale of said device, and turn over sales records.

they don’t really have enough probable cause to break down doors

Back