What's new
What's new

Reloading powders out of stock

It was OK here until the riots started in Minneapolis etc.

Now we can hardly snag a pound of 777

Every four years its the same coming to November ......sooooo why would ya not have ample stocks of consumables before the event...........I asked the local bulk place about supplies,he says no matter what happens Nov 2 ,he got guaranteed supplies from all major US producers.......and in any case ......much of US powder is made right here,so there will never be a shortage. ...Shortages is caused by idiots buying up vast quantities in the hope of reselling at 10x what they paid a month before ........buuuuuuuuut...dont get your powder stash mixed up with your toilet paper stash.

Powder Valley has a couple of the 8 lbs containers in stock as of 7:00 AM this morning .

I have 3 stores within like 45 min to 60 min of me. All of them have an OK amount of powder, but primers especially anything small ( pistol or rifle) are very hard to come b at this time. they may not have the exact powder, but they always seem to have several that will over lap and get you shooting.

Frankly, when ammo, powder, cases and primers are available, stock heavily and stock deep. It's not like buying tomatoes that rot in a week or two, this stuff lasts. And there will always be another shortage.

Same goes for Girl Scout Thin Mints.

Jeff

Election uncertainties, CV-19, increasing crime, riots. All make extra demands not only on guns and ammo but also long term storage food and other supplies.

At a young age a wise man told me the time to acquire extra stocks of things is BEFORE a crisis, not once in it.

Yea I guess If one could accurately predict a crisis he would be in perfect shape. It would just be nice to at least buy a couple primers to reload while being stuck at home bored....
Between toilet paper, deep freezers, guns and ammo everyone should be safe now unless the deep freezers stop working everyone stops shitting and there is nothing to shoot at. The whole hoarding thing just gets frustrating.

Frankly, when ammo, powder, cases and primers are available, stock heavily and stock deep. It's not like buying tomatoes that rot in a week or two, this stuff lasts. And there will always be another shortage.

Same goes for Girl Scout Thin Mints.

Jeff

There's a shortage of Thin Mints!?!

--
Pat Jones
Firestone CO

Just think of all the H4831SC powder sitting on some one else's shelf. Not doin nothin!

I bet the maker is packing the powder up in quantities just like they were in January.

I'm looking for some Unique.... same story ;-)

I remember the last powder shortage, probably 8 or 12 years ago.

I've gone to the Wanenmacher Tulsa Arms Show for over 30yrs. In normal years you could buy thousands of pounds of powder if you had the money. That year there probably wasn't two hundred pounds of powder in the entire building. This year is probably going to be the same.

Around here it's primers now more than powder.

How many threads have we had like this? I have always bought when I saw a bargain and I have plenty. I have not sold or will sell any of it. Call me what you choose but I don't lack during times like these.
Just start buying when you can and put it aside for when you or your buds or family needs some.

I see these same threads on every forum I frequent. It really is a shame that it gets to this. I am sad to say I know a few reloaders who contribute to this problem. I see them buy primers buy the hundred pack,(yes I said hundred single pack at a time), and then complain because they have to buy a whole pound of powder. we then see this happen and they are complaining that hoarders have snatched everything up. Just absolutely no understanding of being prepared, it is really a "Just in time " mentality. The same people are also making multiple trips a week to the grocery store.

It was OK here until the riots started in Minneapolis etc.

Now we can hardly snag a pound of 777

Most of your hogdon powders are made in Australia by ADI. So although we struggle to get Berger bullets and all the other nice stuff at times at least we seem to have a good supply of powder :-)

The Obama ammo shortage......two friends drive 500 miles stopping at every gunshop .....shelves are bare........finally call into a small town hardware ,and ask ,...Yep says the owner ,got a full case of 32-20 ,sell for a dollar a round .Ill take it ,says one ,and maxes out all his credit cards.......Half way back ,his buddy says "I didnt know you had a 32-20"......"I havent ,but im sure as hell not driving a thousand miles to come back empty handed."

The Obama ammo shortage......two friends drive 500 miles stopping at every gunshop .....shelves are bare........finally call into a small town hardware ,and ask ,...Yep says the owner ,got a full case of 32-20 ,sell for a dollar a round .Ill take it ,says one ,and maxes out all his credit cards.......Half way back ,his buddy says "I didnt know you had a 32-20"......"I havent ,but im sure as hell not driving a thousand miles to come back empty handed."

No shit. "trading material" yah LIVE long enough!

Then again? First .32-20 I seen was only in a photograph.. of me late Dad.. in the 1920's! Laid eyeball on the same one, 1960's "in the metal". The OLDER neighbour he had traded it to still carried it in his car!

Well... unlike a .45 or 9 mm, or .357, or ... even a .22... no one sane is likely to want to STEAL a .32-20, are they?

Cain't hardly SHOOT ennything with one of 'em.

Some greedy hoarder done went and bought up all the damned am'nition!

:(

No shit. "trading material" yah LIVE long enough!

Then again? First .32-20 I seen was only in a photograph.. of me late Dad.. in the 1920's! Laid eyeball on the same one, 1960's "in the metal". The OLDER neighbour he had traded it to still carried it in his car!

Well... unlike a .45 or 9 mm, or .357, or ... even a .22... no one sane is likely to want to STEAL a .32-20, are they?

Cain't hardly SHOOT ennything with one of 'em.

Some greedy hoarder done went and bought up all the damned am'nition!

:(

I have a good shooting 32-20 in a Remington Rolling Block. I have a lot of new brass and plenty reloading supplies for it.

Anybody know where one can get some H4831SC powder??
Gotta love election year, cant buy a damn thing...

Thanks

The first place I looked... Says they have it IN STOCK... Google searched... 2 more in stock, 1 only has 8# though...

Makes me wonder how hard you tried to find it. I could post a link here but then everyone would know where to get it and buy it all before you get a chance. PM me if you still need it and I'll send you a link.

I have a good shooting 32-20 in a Remington Rolling Block. I have a lot of new brass and plenty reloading supplies for it.

Late Dad had the space, did our handloading, VERY well-equipped bench. All I ever needed to put-by was decent dies and Norma primed brass for my goods that he did NOT run. 8 X 57JR for the Dreiling, .300 Savage worthy of Oren Bellows fine breathing on it...

I'm mostly burning only .45 ACP, Parabellum, or 12-bore anyway, long since.

As with keeping plenty of daggone BUM FODDER put by, (I seemed to have had about a year's supply?) I just wait for each round of "panic buying" to pass and the shelves to be back in stock!

Guys putting by ammo by the multiple thousands of rounds?

Don't they realize there will have to be a bag limit on zombies, ever cometh the "the revolution"? I mean.. 'muricans shoot rather well.. just think of how fast they'd go short of zombies!

:D

Back