What's new
What's new

savage 111 bbl rechambering specs( from a bbl blank), no nut

mike in co

Plastic
getting ready to re-bbl a current production 7 rem mag to a long throat single shot
300 win mag.
will be eliminating the nut system and go with a regular shoulder.
i will measure all as i take it apart but was wondering
if any one had specs on the tenon ?
thanks

Not sure if anyone else has done it to the Savage. I safety breached an 1917 Enfield. Took all the measurements from the receiver face with a depth mike and it worked. You will need the distance to the end of the bolt, bolt face, locking lugs and extractor if any.
I found it helpful to draw all the details in CAD then assign clearance and go for it.
Since you asked here you might want to share the drawing if you have to work it out your self.

Not sure if anyone else has done it to the Savage. I safety breached an 1917 Enfield. Took all the measurements from the receiver face with a depth mike and it worked. You will need the distance to the end of the bolt, bolt face, locking lugs and extractor if any.
I found it helpful to draw all the details in CAD then assign clearance and go for it.
Since you asked here you might want to share the drawing if you have to work it out your self.

What CAD program are you using? Or would recommend?

I use Dinosaur CAD 2D for DOS, I have a win3.1 version that I use to convert my drawings to PDF so I can send them to customers. Actually it is Design CAD, easy to learn and fast with easy to remember short cut keys, but now I am the only one still using it because I am a dinosaur.

The Windows version still works in Windows 7 but just barely. I can not draw in it or edit a drawing(never could even in windows 3.1), just print to PDF.

This forum has a CAD cam section, easy to learn CAD programs have been recommended may times there, probably the best resource for finding new available easy programs.

I use FreeCAD for my 3D modeling. It doesn't have a very good CAM module and it's blueprint module is clunky so I usually export my model and import into Fusion 360 to do my prints, or to generate any gcode.

I did a Remington 700 receiver so I could use it for prints for things like bolt-stop cutouts:
4jVge6xxg3XaO6rQjPiFquGN1UMAMrnmFp84lKkDrf8PXNpW7CE6WAW9Eqpxlp6qulod2JvM-YvBQ46nWor3MGyK0AcBr089QhLwUHO9_GhxgLfaVSTrMZGJK7fkLo08aAIy1WkJ_gDN2CYyFAhT81DCjDHfC1KrEH-RDy4yNag4xhuspIloTpSPK5deZceRfGZRTsC1BB0mt9HDUoYkigO2qm-7RrxSqW9oBQT_b9KlRUf6aGLo_1v4WFZoqOft1HUTdzd8Lf8Ztl2WSTVSgxhFn8V_N_e5Yj-RqfhMVk5GnWJzDhOyTteO8yC8D1ZuxvSlhIgf8ezOY-Nc0wMjZMNQUCt0dVia-6u721qicFMXzjB_OwDDsl0pr2dDCbGYNtBoQkWW88wNgDKth37owRWdHHpG7pzoGIF-FW-TOCVVxb8eJ-lxkT41KlqZ9RI45ZzyZZjDCjxhLG4VKI0KAZ-p5Ns4FmRVNcGhjEOQGmJtf2pC04_3l9NW3eSgf0s1A_VZYBs_E12OpovEg26W85qG1vQWW3u2RXBggd2WxneexRyyRXjhh1iNd7ynIqSr942iv1EBzTKDWvDS_8Mhr5lX7S1kG5GRdhaR909JuCKU1sIXlU_Q8mW7ec5a0VjjTaXD5M2nOd55Dy7F6AXz8vsIdC6BYK53ODhKYVNMx7HNQHp_wVw-qwjEjg4Fnq61pRdBJSVZSs4k5-HSv_MgPmxl-Q=w1024

This print was generated by Fusion 360:
Up7GLtQ6gXmebPrpkYNFECny_LktxkyCCcpooL40i7kQsGHf1-2xCVGFzb9gE9gUL1A30TgpnMLUL7AkmDHtC7A2O5uG302uA6xfaQmCtheEsnqb-T_GemxDkJq6rC4r6FwaRiV9w4m3uPP7Z3zy_uvrM5bSQYnyhqdh3Ukn5nxIWm2c2ycL6WM5Bc_GXM_JkE0psaALoDG0atxnB_WFMm06mCAvdZuVChTY_Xbe7Bs5KUaOsjeB9Xdxf9g08fDhXt_s1VQlHdKcsOYEM5f-mkkI3TE_o7Lte0TX0pR2C8fFvE84LjZ2I60_R9ctbehEKM4mPA2hBpK9DencLMdz0kgTyO7DiMoLOjjY1j-SuhMxUdxFg3_U7d-wah18cH1PhHmmqEWORy5fe7SxY3iP5TnZU2qqQZlBNkzOtUhmsJwhK940ASQYJF4y9Wjd68fZnBVM-qFktJfF8aH9aAgbL2qtjYZ3yKZYs_8EVoStIHZDJBrXBHOXyLu6FkbeX8N8_L57kRElAzvHQixR2XsOPMiCI-Wg8O2pkOzSSqPnQEXBg8PNMJEfGRZJS40E-ElM4equorMltOGGdsVk0dcQQLlIMIMP5hBqekRTw2bH6mAAgC78peKhX5cjtPGqkRJ8x95FufFMfiH7K0EOV_yQ2zSRqtasvyOzGtnq1AELEchS-OjhGz0hx0LKK7odczwaeh-4GN0n-8ekUQlBCf6tNGy0sQ=w1024

PM me your email address and I have scanned drawings of the model 110 bbl in both stock form and with a shoulder. I scanned it, but its too big a file to post up here. I wish I could so others could comment. Its from a wonderful booklet of 100's of barrel dimensions by "TS and JC".

Basically it shows for a Savage m-110 V thread 20 tpi, 1.055" diameter, suggested length 1.565" for use with barrel nut and .710 without barrel nut. Bolt nose recess 0.250

There is also a M-110C that has no bolt nose recess.

tsjc is the trinidad junior college.

thanks.
P "TS and JC".

Basically it shows for a Savage m-110 V thread 20 tpi, 1.055" diameter, suggested length 1.565" for use with barrel nut and .710 without barrel nut. Bolt nose recess 0.250

There is also a M-110C that has no bolt nose recess.

tsjc is the trinidad junior college.

thanks.

I had no idea. I thought it was a gunsmith. The version I have, has a hand drawn cover, no index. I can't seem to find a copy online anymore in pdf. I didn't realize it was something that someone sold. I thought it was just a gunsmith's compendium of knowledge that he was sharing. My copy is dated 1989.

pm sent with email add

4th try

I had no idea. I thought it was a gunsmith. The version I have, has a hand drawn cover, no index. I can't seem to find a copy online anymore in pdf. I didn't realize it was something that someone sold. I thought it was just a gunsmith's compendium of knowledge that he was sharing. My copy is dated 1989.

Not sold. We get handouts of stuff in class, I got enough to fill two 4" binders. There isn't a gunsmithing textbook that has all of this stuff in it, so the handouts effectively create one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not sold. We get handouts of stuff in class, I got enough to fill two 4" binders. There isn't a gunsmithing textbook that has all of this stuff in it, so the handouts effectively create one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So there is no issue in re-distributing it?

It's been on the web for years...

I'd put it up, but there's no way to post a .pdf attachment here and I can't recall the link where I downloaded it.

Back