What's new
What's new

Screws for Ruger No.1 Quarter Rib

gitano

Plastic
I am installing (or trying to) a factory Ruger No.1 quarter-rib on a custom barrel. The rib is already profiled properly, but I'm trying to get screws for it. Both Brownells and Midway offer them, but both are out of all except 1 each. Both say "backorder", but no telling when they will show up. Ebay doesn't have any.

Does anyone here know where else I might look for factory screws for a ruger No.1 quarter-rib.

Thanks,
Paul

Found some at Numrich. $4.45 EACH! Sheesh! But, they have them. Good ol' capitalism... What the market will bear.

Paul

Well, you just have to consider that it's not much to get the rifle finished.

Years ago (when ARs were expensive) when I was a High Power Rifle match director a guy asked if it would be cheaper to assemble a match AR-15 out of a parts kit. My answer was that if saving $200 was a big deal to him he was getting involved in the wrong hobby.

Steve

Wow, a 2000% markup and that is acceptable gouging? Are we supposed to have unlimited funds when building firearms?

Check out "Fastenal"or a local industrial supply house. In the Albany, NY area there is a company called "Douglas Industrial" which is my go-to place for fasteners. Maybe they have a web site...

Wow, a 2000% markup and that is acceptable gouging?

If you were buying 100,000 of them, they probably would be pennies apiece. The overhead becomes small on a by-part basis. When you buy two, you have pretty much the same overhead but only two parts to cover it.

It's like haircuts--the $25 goes for a lot more expenses than just the hair cutters salary.

I found some at Fastenall for $0.2131 a piece. (Had to buy 10 of them. Oh dear! ;) )

Rib installed.

Thanks for all the suggested sources. I don't know why I didn't think of Fastenal to start with as there is a Fastenal store about 2 miles from my house.

Paul

Back