What's new
What's new

Serbu's GB-22

No idea, but using dimensions given for part 8 should allow you to come close.

ITAR is being mis-applied here, but it is something we can't vote on.

Buy the plans? ;)

Looking at the plans though, this "gun" isn't much more than a "zip gun". I think that loading it would be on the dangerous side as you only have the rudimentary trigger holding the action open until you get your fingers in there and try to slip a cartridge in.

JMHO

-Ron

Ron, you say buy the plans, however, we are forbidden by ITAR from obtaining them.

Your comments are taken onboard.

Ken

Sorry, my fault. I didn't pay attention to your location. :( Tell your "powers that be" that they misconstrued (intentionally I"m sure) the ITAR. As to my understanding, only concerns military and defense technologies which the Serbu-22 definitely is not.

Look around and see if you can find some kind of break-action single shot pistol plans. It would be quicker and safer to load IMO.

Best regards,

-Ron

Sorry, my fault. I didn't pay attention to your location. :( Tell your "powers that be" that they misconstrued (intentionally I"m sure) the ITAR. As to my understanding, only concerns military and defense technologies which the Serbu-22 definitely is not.

Look around and see if you can find some kind of break-action single shot pistol plans. It would be quicker and safer to load IMO.

Best regards,

-Ron

His "powers that be" are not the ones that have misconstrued the ITAR regulations. That is solely the US government bureaucrats f_up. It is enforced by them on US citizens. If it only applied to military items, it would not be quite so bad.

On the Serbu website is one page of the drawing that shows an exploded view and parts list. #8 is a pin, 1/8" diameter x 5/8" length.

Best regards,

-Ron

It is not only for military and defense technologies. It is for any technology (which is, itself an amazingly broad word) that may give a foreign power any advantage or benefit against the USA (or our allies, too, probably)

Open plans for better, easier to make zip guns can possibly be something that makes your typical cave dwellers and impoverished, under-resourced enemies more dangerous/lethal which is not a good thing. So increasing the lethality-potential of potential enemies is a no-no. Freely spreading information on making better quality, cheaper to make (especially from readily available parts anywhere in the world) kind of applies.

I ain't saying I believe it... just that it's the logic I've heard when it's been applied to other smackdowns. It's not that farfetched, I guess.

Okay guys, maybe I am missing something here. Going over the Arms Export Control Act which is implemented by ITAR contain nothing in the way of blocking this type of information on small personal arms or if it does I can't find it.

US State Department - Policy - Directorate of Defense Trade Controls

That being said, a simple internet search shows different improvised guns from around that world that don't take anywhere near the effort or resources to make as the Serbu-22 does. improvised guns best - Google Search I would think that this makes any effort to "stop the spread of plans for better, easier to make zip guns" laughable from the start. Now, stopping the transfer on how to manufacture surface to air missiles? That kind of makes sense.

I still think that the Serbu-22, while looking kind of sharp, is still a very poor design, even for a "zip" gun.

JMHO

-Ron

I would think that this makes any effort to "stop the spread of plans for better, easier to make zip guns" laughable from the start. Now, stopping the transfer on how to manufacture surface to air missiles? That kind of makes sense.

You have to remember that the UN is an association of governments and they are more concerned about uprisings of their own people than their ability to make war on each other.

the reality is the obama administration saw itar as a way to try and bypass the second amendment.
every year more things keep getting added to the list.
more to do with making it harder on small manufacturers.

There is a build thread on literally every gun forum that I visit. Most of them have detailed enough pictures that you could replicate the damned thing without any issues. Go use the Google and look at pictures. The whole point of the GB-22 is to make a simple gun. You don't need drawings.

GunBum, interesting handle, there must be dimensioned copy of the GB-22 out there, I just wouldn't know where to look.

I'd like to start off with something I know that works, then modify it as required.

I'm not a gunsmith's boot lace but know my way around machines. A dimensioned drawing would be a good start.

Ken

There are dimensioned drawings. I have a set myself. However, I have enough respect for Mark Serbu's intellectual property to no give them away.

That being said, you don't need a dimensioned drawing. The gun is stupid simple.

Back