What's new
What's new

shorten S&W barrel shank?

targetshootr

Plastic
The 325 feels so nice it should be made in 45 colt as well as 45 acp, imo. Gunsmiths won't touch the new two piece barrels though so the only way I see it happening is if you can shorten the shank while it's in place and then fit a longer cylinder. Wonder if a machinist could do it that way?

Attachments

• 325 45 acp 4 in.jpg
    325 45 acp 4 in.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 73
Thanks, that's how they used to be, easier to work on. The new two piece barrels require a special tool only the factory has.

I have a facing cutter that threads onto a rod through the barrel but it would take forever to take off 1/8" or more, if it could even be done.

I was trying to imagine how to cut it off nice and straight but it's not something I could do. I'm used to bending pipe and pulling wire. lol

I was trying to imagine how to cut it off nice and straight but it's not something I could do. I'm used to bending pipe and pulling wire. lol
Fine tooth junior hacksaw (6" blades). File to more or less square and then use the facing cutter.

Another perhaps better option. Do you have a mill? Use a small diameter double cut carbide burr to rough and then finish with the facing cutter.

Those small double cut carbide burrs have saved my ass in more than a few tight spaces.

Back