Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hey everyone,

This might be a bit off topic, but.....
    What do you all think the appropriate punishment for the East coast sniper should be once he is caught? Sure... he'll undoubtably fry in the electric chair or be gassed or injected, but that just seems to me like getting off easy - considering the horrific nature of his crimes.

This kind of individual is not only seriously sick, but is also a good excuse for gun control proponents to take away more of our rights...

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Bawko

D. Thomas Guest

Ridicously enough, would think that he most likely would get life imprisonment. I'm all for torture if it inhibits further acts like this....a dull 30 inch lumber saw, with the convicted strapped lengthwise to the carriage with cross feed increments set to "veneer" might do the trick

But unfortunately, from what I've read, such deterents probably wouldn't do a bit of good, as the perpetrator is nearly always in a state of passion or flat out nut case, never thinking about the possible consequences, no matter how dire. Still, I wonder....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Fry 'em, gas 'em, stone 'em, - makes no difference to me. In the final reckoning, all that matters is that he's no longer a threat to anyone. No point in torture - just dispose of the trash.

There is no 'good excuse' for gun control, almost as sick as this @#$% are the vultures that are delirious with glee that something is finally (in their tiny minds, anyway) substantiating their safety-is-better-than-freedom mindset.
    *vent off* - soapbox stored.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just because the media has labeled him a sniper, that does not mean he is. If he was using a hammer, would you call him a carpenter? Why feed the frenzy? Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I agree he is no sniper, well versed in evasion, but no sniper. I'm guessing as hard as they may try he won't be taken alive, wether by LEO or self inflicted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That hammer remark reminds me of a incident that happened about 10 years ago in Hawaii. Right outside the University of Hawaii at Manoa at Burger King. A supposedly mentally disturbed homeless man, hammered a patron to death in front of many people having their breakfast. After that incident I dont recall any politicians and police calling for a 2 week waiting period to buy hammers at the hardware stores. Like they did at the time about handguns, assault pistols, air-guns, etc. I think donating the criminals body to medical science would be OK.(they could use it for ballistic testing, live organ transplant training, amputation practice, etc).

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

No self respecting sniper would let this many targets live. of 12 shots(?) he had 9 kills? Seriously, some news wannabe pulled the sniper lable out because it makes for better headlines. The real truth is this guy has a decent rifle, cares to use it often, and will be very difficult to apprehend given his tactics. Even countersniper activity is a needle in a haystack because you can't draw the guy into a trap without a set pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wayne, they had a serial killer in England that was walking up behind strangers and walloping them in the head with a hammer. It went on for quite a long time. Nobody there called for hammer control either. Two strange things about serial killers. 1) Few use firearms. 2) A large portion of serial killers have some kind of a foot/sock hang up. Not a fetish, it is their own feet and socks. Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think they should lock him in a room and make him watch cnn for the rest of his life.
    Thats after the family members of the people he shot got about 20 minutes with him first!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Any one who thinks "gun control" is about public safety is living in an imaginary world. It's strictly about eliminating the average citizen's ability to resist a despotic government.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't rule out Al-Quaida. This could be a trial run to see how Americans react to this type of terrorism. Whadda'ya think?

The lawmen have rightfully observed that they cannot protect the populace, therebye acknowledging what the NRA has been saying for years. It looks like this nutcase is making our case for us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ack..why didn't I see this?

Certainly a good question, but this forum will probably be healthier if the gunsmithing topics remain machining related.
    (trust me, I moderate on a regular firearms forum).

Not your fault Bawko, I'll try to find a way to tack up some guidelines for the forum.

Regards
    Sean