What's new

speeerchucker

• Thread starter butchlambert
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 3,459
B

butchlambert

I will have to say that the folks at the Shilen Swap Meet are real fans of yours. They look through the BS and understand what you are saying. They understand that you understand gunsmithing and post what is really true.
Keep it up.

Been a lot luckier than most Butch. Went to gun school, spent 32 years doing it, worked in a couple machine shops, did warranty for everyone of note and took all the courses that were offered and most important, I have worked with a LOT of other very talented gunsmiths from all three of the recognized gunsmithing schools. I still wish I had gone into medicine. lol

Speerchucker, when did you go to CST?

I think I moved to Denver in 1980. My CST ring is dated 1983 but it took about a year and a half to get to me after I got back to Canada and I did'nt order it until Jay Everett (one of the D&F instructors) came up to me one day and said "get the fuck out of the USA Ice N****r, you know as much as we do now!" So I went home. lol

Cool, I went through the program at Trinidad in '91, had a lot of fun there, and met a lot of good people while I was there to.

I still wish I had gone into medicine. lol

Unfortunately, there is a lot of truth in this Gary Larson cartoon, whether it's dogs, cats, or horses....

BEST+GARY+LARSON+TOON.jpg

Why not do both. Gunsmithing and medicine (veterinary is close enough for the humor ).

Gotta say that I tend to zero in on any Speerchucker posts. Started up business last year here in Oz (after 16 years of toolmaking) and there aint many smiths willing to talk to you around here so I've absorbed a lot of information from forums such as this one.
It's always appreciated when you post a question in a thread and get someone like chucker willing to impart hard earned knowledge based on actual experience not just recycled theory.
Good work mate. Don't retire in a hurry.
JB

Back