Stock duplicator - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Petergun View Post
    I am having trouble getting on the accuratereloading web site. it will not allow me to send him an email. I don't have his phone # either
    Hope some one can be of help.
    [email protected] Les Brooks email

He is in his 80's and tours around in a RV so he may be difficult to find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If anyone has any more information on this kind of machine, especially any homebrew/shop-built versions, I would be very interested to know more about it.

I actually have a need- and very soon- to make many duplicates of a short stock section, such as the back end of a lever action rifle. My current plan is to set up a small CNC router, but I've been toying with the idea of a machine like this (I saw pics of that antique pattern lathe many years ago) to rough out the blanks.

That way the CNC could be used to just give the "finish pass", so to speak, and save machine time.

Doc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post
    If anyone has any more information on this kind of machine, especially any homebrew/shop-built versions, I would be very interested to know more about it.

I actually have a need- and very soon- to make many duplicates of a short stock section, such as the back end of a lever action rifle. My current plan is to set up a small CNC router, but I've been toying with the idea of a machine like this (I saw pics of that antique pattern lathe many years ago) to rough out the blanks.

That way the CNC could be used to just give the "finish pass", so to speak, and save machine time.

Doc.
    If you have a good duplicator, properly set up, and the correct tooling, you do not need a finishing step with a CNC router.

Below, fresh off the duplicator, no sanding or finish. Pacific Big Leaf maple, the blank was air cured 24 years. The plywood screwed to the butt is to prevent chipping of the maple when carving. It will be discarded.

Ummm lever guns:

4. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arkansas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

post-3-08081-01.jpg Don't know which forum I found this on. User's name was Southpaw.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What do you have for machine tools? Welding capabilities? I built one a couple years ago and still tweaking it. I hate wood, and that may be an understatement but I despise synthetic stocks even more - especially in the style of firearms I favor. The duplicator sames me a considerable amount of time when starting with a blank. Here's a few pictures of mine - they are a lot of work to make one, the cheaper ones that you can purchase - dupe.jpgdupe-1.jpgdupe-2.jpgdupe-5.jpg are just that...
    Greg