What's new
What's new

swaging bullets

Ken Snyder

Plastic
I would like to start playing around with bullet swaging. Before I invest in somewhat expensive Corbin products, I would like to give an honest try with my own drawing and forming dies, just to play around with and see if it is actually something that will keep my interest. finding jacket tubing isn't going well. Are there other names for C210 or 95/5 that will aid my search in finding a retailer other than Corbin. My specific intent is for a .375 VLD or ULD.

Berger Bullets makes and sells the J4 jackets. Best you can buy. Corbin must make hunting bullet stuff as you won't find their stuff in the accuracy game.
Butch

A good way to get into swaging relativly cheap is to go onto the CastBoolits website and check out the swaging section. There is a guy there called BT Sniper who takes ch4d swaging dies and modifies them to use spent cases to make bullets using a standard heavy duty reloading press. Using his dies you can make .400 and.410 bullets from 9mm cases, .44 and .451 bullets from .40 brass.
He even makes .308 bullets from 9mm cases.

try mcmaster -carr for copper tubing,that is the only place i can find the rigth size tubing for .510 and .7oo dia bullets

Check out the CastBoolits site, there's lots of guys there that swage and several have posted threads showing how they built their dies. If you want Corbin dies you better be ready for frustratingly long wait times, 2+ years.

Check out the CastBoolits site, there's lots of guys there that swage and several have posted threads showing how they built their dies. If you want Corbin dies you better be ready for frustratingly long wait times, 2+ years.

Talked with david corbin on the phone about a year ago. I suggest calling or emailing them. Ask if they have anything in stock. I found he was willing to sell me some old S style dies discounted because they dont make them anymore. (i think it was the s style its been awhile)
The wait will not be bad if they have what your looking for in stock.
James

Back