What's new
What's new

Universal Receiver Plans

lawndart

Aluminum
Hi guys,

I've been away for a while dealing with the West Nile Virus epidemic out here in Idaho.
First I want to thank you all for the suggestions on how to move my Bridgeport through a 28" door and into the back room of the clinic. I got it in with just a pallet jack and one safety spotter in about ten minutes - Amazing!!

I'm starting to assemble a ballistics test lab, and need a universal receiver. HS Precision quoted me about $7,000.00 for a new one, yikes. Sooooooo, I'm looking for a used universal receiver, or plans to build one myself. It will be used for pressure testing cartridges by the piezo electric transducer method (PCB brand) hooked up to Mr. Oehler's system.

If anyone could point me toward a set of plans, or a widow that just wants to get rid of one, I would be very grateful.

As always, I appreciate your experience and (usually) wise counsel.
Thanks,

lawndart
(John Noak)
[email protected]

Look at the Kistler gauges also. The 6215 is the NATO and US standard for ammo acceptance. I will look for some Universal plans. We have over two dozen here at work that I keep running. Even though they say "Universal", they are not. We try to keep them set up for each individual caliber. The action time switch will also give you trouble.

Thanks MGS,

I'll take a look at the Kistler gages. It would probably make sense for me to eventually dedicate 5.56 and 7.62 units. I'm just dreaming of the day I get my NSN's and can belly up to the trough.

LD

If the plans for a Universal (or not so universal as per MilGunsmith) Receiver are available....I would really like to have a set.

Tks, Bill

Back