What's new
What's new

Video of DIY Barrel Flush System under $20

I’ll modify the reamer with oil grooves and Chamber a rum tomorrow to see how it works. I’ll post the video

Ran a dremel cutting wheel over the pilot of the reamer to allow more flow and it helped a lot. Cut a 300 rum chamber with the modified reamer and it worked out great.

Wife got a laugh out of my “development” videos and said I should post a couple for your enjoyment. As Edison said “.... I just found 2000 ways how not to make a lightbulb...”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dCc_mXOFYPY

Much faster. Better finishes. Don’t have to remove the reamer to clean as much. Not sure about reamer life advantages.....

I’m job a hobbyist, so I didn’t mind spending the time with the “.050 pass, remove, clean, lube, rinse and repeat” method. However, this feels more controlled and less room for error. Always a bit leary of the reamer/chamber engagement on EVERY restart. Now you can go till .025 off final dimension, measure and verify the final amount. Sorry to be long winded. Either method works, I just prefer this now, even as a hobbyist

Note: regarding the time to make it; it only took a couple hours for the welding and install. Collecting the parts could be fast if you aren’t trying to find a bunch of hose and clamps in a messy shop (I cleaned it .... about time)

Fair enough.

It's not .050 rinse repeat BTW. If you drill and bore before you start the first pass takes you to the neck with a finish reamer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Update 3
Tried a full flow test with a solid reamer and blew up the air hose. Bought a 3’ hydraulic hose for $13 to replace it. Tested yesterday with a 7-08ai and 308 chamber and worked with no leaks.

Still need a better coupler that doesn’t leak and a spray shield around the reamer like an old plastic liter soda bottle

Go with a clear one, not green.

gtXBXbXjBptCDMQ7XkJk8nqRC5oH3r1PfOfB4Dn776nBqxxq4lJTdKV2Oomrod76slnXpIiJGi-pp7SgOV1qzAUgLekGC07vCRDcR154f1YsR-G8TAR-G_QwabzbKiUTZ2KfUT7UKEOYf6v0JORhnv5tZMnTzv28gq-wxFaaSjiQ4aFE3Mla3AGkZV9fFOI_jZgRma6BOlgIScpk9QvQXgv4xdqCdJzNmmrKng0Ck2d5rIXUQrCELYIGr1CLHHhLzrnetlt4bhkzj2r5Y4NvZMswPtE5ei1u6384Z18m3KS7KO5t7HD_66KFUCGimQJ8c-qwjpTOx_oYtYnss_7n0cCJ9rkCsEpr9Xpf5JwJ0MkTEauL9pJJaDja7qkmxeWW18HOiNqVlq6NLKHg_yyL7uu_4UGOIZyHqUvGc78ymFJVyzE_b-RPsoWV2VmGMIXrD6ZnKh2KksJOnssOtRteKHHWGZXuOY28Ex74gvI89zZDZ0jBXctbATm9XTTmDynr7Vchcpbw87EyyDkkvA3v9rNMVZAAn7SGyy_elD3gnJq8o18KfwSS1sKKg0Wm7I7zUrS4J6xslj_BL8fohwQRbFaZekrqPAuv5vEMiUT23mf3WKqCq-kI92ZdcP8G4fczpleEzP-RN1NH1x3BriK3YPxqjlOZ9dsbyr93-CAlw7ICplN20cqf5t4X0DhweK0MGRc8WS2gL5lbQeL_s8hGF_tFEA=w871-h653-no

That is it exactly and you are the one I got the idea from years back. Saw a pic of yours somewhere and decided to do the same.

Back