What's new
What's new

Wanting custom build

Mostly machinists frequent this site, so probably any of us could build one. For legal reasons and time constrains most of us never will. If your interest is just academic there was a youtube video of a young German woman building her own a few years ago.
If you are actually want a custom built for your self you might try some of the smaller manufactures like Freedom Arms, pick one that is close to what you want and ask if it could be customized to fit your wants/needs.

Mostly machinists frequent this site, so probably any of us could build one. For legal reasons and time constrains most of us never will.

You do realize he posted this to the gunsmithing forum, right? A place devoted to the machining of firearms seems like a very logical place to look if you wanted one made.

You do realize he posted this to the gunsmithing forum, right? A place devoted to the machining of firearms seems like a very logical place to look if you wanted one made.
Too many legal hoops for most of us. I think any of us could build one for our self but selling it afterwards legally is a major pain. There are several licensed gunsmiths that post here, but not many that are licensed or regulated to do actual manufacturing for sale. Even if there are one or 2 that could legally do it, could the OP afford it?

The BATFE can supply you with a list of Licensed Manufacturers in your area. They aren't as rare as you might imagine.
Or you could machine it yourself.
For a pistol, a small hobby lathe would work, and are reasonably priced in the used market.

A lathe to build a pistol?
Yeah, and on a hobby lathe. That would be kind of tough on the index pawls, not impossible but tough. Those photos from the Browning museum floored me, his lathe looked like todays Atlas.
Kurt made the point there are many licensed manufacturers, I did not know that.
Here is the first part of the video I mentioned earlier: YouTube

Yeah, and on a hobby lathe. That would be kind of tough on the index pawls, not impossible but tough. Those photos from the Browning museum floored me, his lathe looked like todays Atlas.
Kurt made the point there are many licensed manufacturers, I did not know that.
Here is the first part of the video I mentioned earlier: YouTube

Oh, So he mounted the vise to the lathe?

I have used a vice in a lathe before and made a nice looking rear sight. So much easier on a BP sized machine.
Not sure if Browning ever made a revolver. He may have had milling machines, I just recognized the lathe for being in the Atlas class. Maybe there were many other machines in the museum or the rest were to "used up" to show?

Is there anyone on here who can or knows someone who can built a custom revolver from scratch

The question is - what exactly are you looking for?

The phrase "custom revolver" covers a lot.

Cowboy?
Hunting?
Personal defense?
???????????

Basically a custom revolver is a combination of frame, barrel, grips, and finish(es). Some really unusual combinations can be had by mixing components plus clever machining.

A good pistolsmith can probably create whatever you want if you can pay for it. The first step is defining exactly what you want.

Just to make sure you know what you're getting into, find the price of the closest production revolver on the market and add a zero or two. If you're not willing to pay that you're not going to get anyone to bite.

The place to get one made at a budget price is Dara in the Self Administered Tribal Area.....obviously ,unless you can pass for a local ,you will need to go through an agent in Pakistan .....but that would not be difficult...These guys make a quite nice copy of the Webley Mk VI,a quite complex gun with a hundred parts .Also make nice copies of the likes of the various Russian guns.

Many gunsmiths can customize an existing revolver, if you want one built from scratch you'll pay for the privilege. There are a ton of 07 licensed manufacturers, some, like me, even show up here.

There are quite a few Colt and Remington SA Army/Navy revolvers being manufactured in modern calibers. Pietta, Chiappa and Rough Rider have a number of them.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Is there anyone on here who can or knows someone who can built a custom revolver from scratch

The standard procedure for bloggers is if you don't like the answers to your question, you repost the question and hope for a different response.

8-suspicious-events-surrounding-the-Miami-zombie-attack.jpg

Back