State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kurt, second link is two years ago. Is there something more current?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I did not read the whole thread. I do not post much anywhere. The topic and answers are the same on every forum.
    So I would ask this question. Prison is the most controlled society in any country yet murder still occurs, how can a free society prevent murder at an acceptable level with out becoming a prison?

4. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

6. Likes fusker liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    Kurt, second link is two years ago. Is there something more current?
    I got the lead from a very recent re-post and followed it to the original source. And failed to check the original posting date.
    If I find any updates, I'll post them.

8. Likes Rob F. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Apparently the Governor of VA is not threatening to send in the military but he said there would be "consequences" for counties that have declared themselves “Second Amendment sanctuaries”.

Congressman suggests military enforcement of new VA gun laws; Gov. promises 'consequences'

I note that in typical lefty fashion he says “We’re not going to take people’s guns away” but one of his proposals is to ban sales of certain types and require owners to "surrender them" unless they register them with the state.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    Apparently the Governor of VA is not threatening to send in the military but he said there would be "consequences" for counties that have declared themselves “Second Amendment sanctuaries”.

Congressman suggests military enforcement of new VA gun laws; Gov. promises 'consequences'

I note that in typical lefty fashion he says “We’re not going to take people’s guns away” but one of his proposals is to ban sales of certain types and require owners to "surrender them" unless they register them with the state.
    Guess we need to ask about about gun preferences when we plan to vote.. No shooting people is a good law.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I complete right wing bobblehead fashion, perpetuating lies as truth

made up stories from paranoids as reason to panic

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is another article on Virginia from earlier this month (dec 6):
    https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...civil_war.html
    Some things in it have changed since this was written.

13. Likes Kurt Learning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    20 to 40 thousand rounds in a weekend of shooting?
    Gun control should be about being able to hit your target, not cutting down a forest.

Bob
    I think his friend is a serious MG owner. The part about “a connex container of .30-06 for one of his brownings” is a pretty good clue. Belt fed MGs consume enormous amounts of ammo and I suspect the 30-40,000 round figure is at Machine Gun Shoots, which often run for two days on a weekend. Probably he lets others shoot it and 40,000 rounds would be 400 100-round belts, not at all out of line for a weekend event.

As you might guess, shooting MGs is not a sport for poor people. Even subguns require a lot of feeding. A few weeks ago a couple of guys with subguns easily went through a case each of 9mm and .45 in a range session of about an hour or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Fal Grunt View Post
    A family friend shoots on weekends with his son. They can, and on a somewhat regular basis, shoot 20k-40k rounds. When he buys ammo, it is usually pallets via LTL. He bought a connex container of .30-06 for one of his brownings.
    PS: At the shoots I used to attend they weren't shooting down trees, but did have several stripped out cars and vans (shell only, no driveline, gas tank or interior) and it is absolutely amazing how many thousands of rounds a vehicle can absorb without disintegrating like in the movies. Probably about the most fun you can have with your clothes on!.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He shot a Buffalo at nearly 500 yards with a Sharps with iron sights, I think it is a choice... not a statement of his abilities.

The same guy dropped $250k in a weekend on 5 guns that were a deal he couldn't pass up..... yes he is in a different tax bracket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Probably about the most fun you can have with your clothes on!.
    LMAO! Thanks, fusker

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    I saw this story and was reminded of your quote above. Is this an accurate account of what is happening?

Virginia Activates Official Militia to Defend 2nd Amendment
    I didn't scrutinize this article in detail, but the fact that she cites MOST of her sources is comendible. It is pretty striking when a freelance journalist on a self run website does a better job of citing sources than the major news outlets.

Civil disobedience is nothing new. The level of political wrangling seen today, is in my opinion, at a level not seen since the days of McCarthy.

I just hope the bloodshed stays east of the appalachian and west of the rockies.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Fal Grunt;3463249... pretty striking when a freelance journalist on a self run website does a better job of citing sources than the major news outlets.

Though that's an extremely low bar now.

19. Likes Yan Wo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Probably about the most fun you can have with your clothes on!.
    Maybe it is just me but I think these might be more fun:
    YouTube

YouTube

I have not seen any on my place in years, but it was hard to not get mad at them and shoot from too far away. I think hunting them on someone else's place could be fun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    YouTube

YouTube

I have not seen any on my place in years, but it was hard to not get mad at them and shoot from too far away. I think hunting them on someone else's place could be fun.
    It stops being fun if they fight back. I knew a guy who limped the rest of his life after being gashed by a wild hog during a hunt. Those suckers are MEAN!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    YouTube

YouTube

I'm not a hunter, or a gun guy... Kinda seems like *cheating* using a helicopter and and a gun with a laser/red dot sight.

23. Likes fusker liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default A Tale of Twoo Worship Services

Sadly, attacks on congregations of all types seem to be becoming more common. In the face of this having the ability to be armed can make a difference.

"Breaking Report: Gunman Opens Fire in TX Church, Parishioners Respond with Own Weapons"

Breaking Report: Gunman Opens Fire in TX Church, Parishioners Respond with Own Weapons

Two victims, one dead and one seriously wounded before the attacker was stopped. If they had to wait for police maybe dozens more. Now contrast this with what recently happened in New York city.

"5 stabbed at rabbi's Hanukkah celebration by intruder with machete-type knife"

5 stabbed at rabbi'''s Hanukkah celebration by intruder with machete-type knife - ABC News

Horrific enough as it was, imagine the carnage if the attacker had a gun or there were multiple attackers with knives. IMO New York city's ultra strict gun laws are leaving this community wide open to further attacks from their violent neighbors.

"When seconds count police are only minutes away"

25. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Sadly, attacks on congregations of all types seem to be becoming more common. In the face of this having the ability to be armed can make a difference.

"Breaking Report: Gunman Opens Fire in TX Church, Parishioners Respond with Own Weapons"

Breaking Report: Gunman Opens Fire in TX Church, Parishioners Respond with Own Weapons

Two victims, one dead and one seriously wounded before the attacker was stopped. If they had to wait for police maybe dozens more. Now contrast this with what recently happened in New York city.

"5 stabbed at rabbi's Hanukkah celebration by intruder with machete-type knife"

5 stabbed at rabbi'''s Hanukkah celebration by intruder with machete-type knife - ABC News

Horrific enough as it was, imagine the carnage if the attacker had a gun or there were multiple attackers with knives. IMO New York city's ultra strict gun laws are leaving this community wide open to further attacks from their violent neighbors.

"When seconds count police are only minutes away"
    I noticed a few things:
    1. The Rabbi's party didn't seem to try to doo anything, not "help your fellow man" in any way (or at least no one indicated this)
    2. In texas, just the opposite, the video clearly shows several running towards
    the gunman.
    3. On the NPR radio report of the Rabbi knife incident, it was reported
    that several people were going to "get permits"....Uhm yeah, that's NOT going to happen, and NOW they will understand why so many law abiding citizens in NY state are upset.

Clearly a different view towards others.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just saw a church shooter on the news. He pulled a shotgun and shot two guys...before the next shot a carry guy whacked him dead..sounds like there were three legal carry guys there..Good.

Should be a few legal carry guys/gals at every place...

28. Likes DrHook, mhajicek liked this post