Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cole2534 View Post
    It's not paranoia when governments have a history of abusing a disarmed populace. Hell, look at what the US did to the American Indian. It rounded them up and forced them into largest concentration camp on the planet- Oklahoma. And after that, we had internment camps for the Japanese during WWII.

Let's not forget what a true totalitarian govt (Stalin, Hitler, Mao) can accomplish. It's estimated that 100,000,000 people died at the hands of such institutions, US gun deaths are a rounding error in comparison.

I'll continue to keep the best defense I can acquire to prevent something similar to happening on US soil again.
    Well... right or wrong, we probably had some reason to at least expect some sort of treason as PH seemed to come out of the blue. I am not saying it is right, but I don't think it is a *fair* comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jim rozen;3396020]
    Spend your time making yourself and your loved ones safe by avoiding situations where angry white guys with guns cannot harm you,
    or your loved ones. Stay away from walmarts.

Yep. Walmarts. Stay away.

Springfield MO Walmart: Man with gun arrested

3. Likes dcsipo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jim rozen;3396379]
    Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Spend your time making yourself and your loved ones safe by avoiding situations where angry white guys with guns cannot harm you,

There are over 4,700 Walmarts in the USA. This is yet one more example of how the media's saturation coverage inspires unreasonable fear. At the same time the Garlic Festival was going on there must have been thousands of other outdoor and indoor events with large crowds. On the same night the Ohio shooting occurred there were likely millions of people enjoying nights out at bars and nightclubs.

Television news distorts people's sense of proportion. Zbigniew Brzezinski pointed out this phenomenon in his book Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era. He described how the television acts like a picture window that makes events happening thousands of miles away seem as if they are happening in your front yard.

5. Likes mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=jim rozen;3396379]

Maybe that was in jest^

If not, might as well just hole up in your house/apt/condo and wait to die. Or live in fear? I dunno, take your pick, they both sound ridiculous to me...
    What about the ton of black on black/white on white/asian on asian gang violence? Don't live in/drive thru/or frequent them? What about Mexico? Big story today about 19 people hung from a bridge/overpass, partially dismemebered, etc...

[QUOTE=Scottl;3396441]

There are over 4,700 Walmarts in the USA. This is yet one more example of how the media's saturation coverage inspires unreasonable fear. At the same time the Garlic Festival was going on there must have been thousands of other outdoor and indoor events with large crowds. On the same night the Ohio shooting occurred there were likely millions of people enjoying nights out at bars and nightclubs.

Television news distorts people's sense of proportion. Zbigniew Brzezinski pointed out this phenomenon in his book Between Two Ages: America's Role in the Technetronic Era. He described how the television acts like a picture window that makes events happening thousands of miles away seem as if they are happening in your front yard.
    YEP! Also, in our society, we know everything within hours, often either
    1) falsely reported to get the jump on other networks (ie no fact checking, stupid reporters, whatnot)
    2) falsely reported to skew the facts (Trump haters)
    3) falsely reported do to ignorance of all the facts (even a "legitimate" mistake can have sever consequences..)

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In 1967, the CIA Created the Label "Conspiracy Theorists" ... to Attack Anyone Who Challenges the "Official" Narrative (of the JFK shooting.)
    See why some people think the problem is orchestrated to produce a specific out come.

90 Miles From Tyranny : Parents Catch FBI in Plot to Force Mentally Ill Son to Be a Right Wing Terrorist

8. Likes Rob F., mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here’s my .05% libtard take on it:

Why is gun culture now so redneckerized? (Literally: camo coated guns instead of Parkerized black). . Just teasin’ A bit!!!

I always thought of firearms as the big leagues intelligence wise. They are machined beauties, artistic in form and function. I was raised being taught to respect the seriousness of such tools as my firearms.

Nowadays it feels like in-my-face bad assery with “no compromise” confrontational attitude. And we market them fully toward/with this attitude.

It’s gotten really weird around here. Firearms are becoming personal identity, with “I’m a male” or “I’m human” coming in distant 2nd place.

The grandfathers with hundreds of amazing firearms were NOT wearing them on their shoulders (or rear window decals) as I was a kid. And that’s not many years ago!

10. Likes dcsipo, Curt Brown liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldCar View Post
    The grandfathers with hundreds of amazing firearms were NOT wearing them on their shoulders (or rear window decals) as I was a kid. And that’s not many years ago!
    My memory of this may be a little faulty, when I was growing up in the 60s about the only pickups you saw belonged to farmers or ranchers, and a high percentage of them had rifles and shotguns in window gunracks. Not unusual to see them parked at the bank, I think you occasionally saw them in the high school parking lot. I would have to look through year book photos to confirm this though.
    Thinking on this the guns in the windows were probably knock around "truck guns".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

or your loved ones. ....
    I hope I'm not the only one puzzled by this statement. Avoid situations where potential shooters can't harm you? You mean look for situations where you can be harmed?

Though I don't think that's what you meant, Jim.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Well... right or wrong, we probably had some reason to at least expect some sort of treason as PH seemed to come out of the blue. I am not saying it is right, but I don't think it is a *fair* comparison.
    Two of my students, Engineer OCS, Ft. Belvoir, 1966-67 were born in those camps. One granted his given name "Posten" from the name of the town & camp. The other graduated top of his class. I met his elder sister, already a CPT, Army Nurse Corps whilst myself in 24th EVAC Hospital, Long Binh, RVN. They had been a farming family, lost their land and everything else. Yet they went on to lifelong careers in service of OUR SHARED country.

Elder family members had made up the 442d Infantry Regiment, the most decorated unit in U.S. military history. At any time. Anywhere. Ever. And too often, posthumous awards at that.

And then... we had Filipinos, our uniform or their own lethal "Scouts", Amerindian code talkers and more, Hispanics, Alaskan tribal members... I could go on, because no one was left out, least of all German, Italian, Polish - many other European Americans who returned to Europe to free their own ancestral countries.

Has no one noticed that US forces, Vietnam war were often 50% African Americans on AVERAGE at a time when the general population ran only about 9% to 13% African American?

These folk - and not for the first time, nor in just the one war - have paid some "dues". Heavy dues. And still are.

May God bless them. "Minorities?" Not really. Just Americans, one and all.
    Last edited by thermite; 08-09-2019 at 07:47 PM.

14. Likes tdmidget, Yan Wo, awander liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Learning View Post
    In 1967, the CIA Created the Label "Conspiracy Theorists" ... to Attack Anyone Who Challenges the "Official" Narrative (of the JFK shooting.)
    See why some people think the problem is orchestrated to produce a specific out come.

90 Miles From Tyranny : Parents Catch FBI in Plot to Force Mentally Ill Son to Be a Right Wing Terrorist
    A quote from the linked story:

David Steele, a 20-year Marine Corps intelligence officer, the second-highest-ranking civilian in the U.S. Marine Corps Intelligence, and former CIA clandestine services case officer, had this to say about these most unscrupulous operations:

“Most terrorists are false flag terrorists, or are created by our own security services. In the United States, every single terrorist incident we have had has been a false flag, or has been an informant pushed on by the FBI. In fact, we now have citizens taking out restraining orders against FBI informants that are trying to incite terrorism. We’ve become a lunatic asylum.”

16. Likes mhajicek, Kurt Learning, Scottl, Yan Wo liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    Two of my students, Engineer OCS, Ft. Belvoir, 1966-67 were born in those camps. One granted his given name "Posten" from the name of the town & camp. The other graduated top of his class. I met his elder sister, already a CPT, Army Nurse Corps whilst myself in 24th EVAC Hospital, Long Binh, RVN. They had been a farming family, lost their land and everything else. Yet they went on to lifelong careers in service of OUR SHARED country.

Elder family members had made up the 442d Infantry Regiment, the most decorated unit in U.S. military history.[Ever.

And then... we had Filipinos, our uniform or their own lethal "Scouts", Amerindian code talkers and more, Hispanics... I could go on, because no one was left out, least of all German, Italian, other European Americans who invaded Europe to free their own acestor's countries.

Has no one noticed that US forces, Vietnam war were often 50% African Americans on AVERAGE at a time when the general population ran only about 9% to 13% African American?

These folk - and not for the first time, nor in just the one war - have paid some "dues'. Heavy dues.

May God bless them. Americans, one and all.
    I didn't mean to imply that those interred had done any wrong. I agree (with thermite??!!? ) LOL... that most, even more than most, 99% or so were wrongfully done so. Was just a comment that there may have been at least some reasoning for it....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by LockNut View Post
    Chicago, of all places. 1974, ROTC in high school. Full firearms training and marksmanship training. In the basement of the school itself. No one got shot. Who today would think that could happen? What has happened is today's parent became pussified, afraid of their own shadows and can't even imagine letting their children learn respect and safety while handling a firearm. Even with the 2A, I believe anyone wanting to buy a firearm should be made to take firearm safety training. That's it. The only rule. Get trained. I was taught by my brother in law. My mother wanted to have nothing to do with it. But she didn't stop me because she knew the person training me was qualified. Viet Nam vet.
    Similar here...late 1970's into the early 1980's at the west central Wisconsin high school I attended. Many of us were hunters and we could bring the gun to school, stored in our locker (unloaded of course, in the case and ammo in the box) then after school, grab the gun and head out to the woods. Never during my time were there threats or any problems. Same thing a few years earlier in elementary school with pocket knives. Most of the boys had one and we would compare them with one another before class started, we would use them at lunch to cut food and also at recess to scrape off rust on the playground equipment. These days none of that would be appropriate. People have changed....

19. Likes mhajicek, TheOldCar liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldCar View Post
    Here’s my .05% libtard take on it:

Why is gun culture now so redneckerized? (Literally: camo coated guns instead of Parkerized black).
    What you talkin' 'bout Willis?

hello-kitty.jpg

21. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Utah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    My memory of this may be a little faulty, when I was growing up in the 60s about the only pickups you saw belonged to farmers or ranchers, and a high percentage of them had rifles and shotguns in window gunracks. Not unusual to see them parked at the bank, I think you occasionally saw them in the high school parking lot. I would have to look through year book photos to confirm this though.
    Thinking on this the guns in the windows were probably knock around "truck guns".
    In high school, lots of us kids had the truck gun in the pickup gun rack. I was meaning more along the lines of stickers, these days.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just as a side note, I am disappointed that the moderators allow such rude behavior and profane language.

I am the moderator and I run this forum for adults who can deal with language and/or ideas that may offend them. If you can't deal with something posted here, go some place where you find what you want to hear.

24. Likes Rob F. liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GGaskill View Post
    Just as a side note, I am disappointed that the moderators allow such rude behavior and profane language.

I am the moderator and I run this forum for adults who can deal with language and/or ideas that may offend them. If you can't deal with something posted here, go some place where you find what you want to hear.
    Bravo.

"Grown ups" .......another endangered species...

Ever we all agree in full, that just means everyone else is redundant, yah?

Not a healthy situation in an omnivorous gene-pool. Takes "food fight" to a whole new level if the dining-table meat-fork is the only "heavy caliber" sidearm left!

26. Likes tdmidget liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Mike1974;3396447][QUOTE=jim rozen;3396379]

IBig story today about 19 people hung from a bridge/overpass, partially dismemebered, etc...

Yeah, I'd probably stay away from that bridge too. Don't want to get hit by the train?
    Don't stand on the tracks.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IBig story today about 19 people hung from a bridge/overpass, partially dismemebered, etc...

Yeah, I'd probably stay away from that bridge too. Don't want to get hit by the train?
    Don't stand on the tracks.
    Not funny, McGee, if easy for us to say when we don't have to (try to) live there, it still sorta sticks in the craw:

19 bodies hung from bridge or hacked up in Mexico gang feud

Note the farmers losing patience and waging war worked the previous go. it will likely soon happen, again. even if all they have is fire and corn knives.

This... is par for the course, Mexico, one way or another, since before even the less-than-fair or gentle Europeans arrived.

Even the Chinese had given it up as a bad job and pulled out by around 900 AD, several hundred years investment wasted, not a great deal to show for it but their hot peppers transplanted, "Habanero" AKA "capsicum chinense".

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rob F. View Post
    . . .
    David Steele, a 20-year Marine Corps intelligence officer, the second-highest-ranking civilian in the U.S. Marine Corps Intelligence, and former CIA clandestine services case officer, had this to say about these most unscrupulous operations . . .
    Rob, This the same David Steele (your source on all this false flag stuff) who told Alex Jones' audience we have a child slave colony on Mars?

New Conspiracy Theory: Children Kidnapped for Mars Slave Colony | Space

and

NASA: No, we don't have child slave colonies on Mars - SFGate

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    Rob, This the same David Steele who told Alex Jones' audience we have a child slave colony on Mars?
    .. and little Audrey just laughed and laughed. She knew all along those children might have voted Republican if allowed to come home.

Where do they GET this stuff?

31. Likes tdmidget liked this post