What can we as individuals or a group do about gun violence? - Page 57
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 57 of 95 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1897
  1. #1121
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default

    Innocent deaths matter, the rest I'm indifferent to

  2. Likes mhajicek liked this post
  3. #1122
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default

    I feel like the criminal justice system was much better in the 1870s

  4. #1123
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    52
    Likes (Received)
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ H View Post
    Innocent deaths matter, the rest I'm indifferent to
    Well you're in luck because that number is less than the number of people gustafson insults each year.

  5. Likes tdmidget liked this post
  6. #1124
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Idaho
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    104
    Likes (Received)
    83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    And this is a huge national tragedy, lack of action on which is reprehensible.
    Are you this adamant about partial birth abortion? Dumb question.... I’m sure you are for saving innocent life no matter age

  7. #1125
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Posts
    498
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    248
    Likes (Received)
    385

    Default

    There are so many logical fallacies you just committed. You need to face the fact your logic is quite atrocious.

    First off, strawman, no one said suicides are acceptable.

    Second, false analogy, handrails added doesn't mean stairs taken away, your argument is guns taken away.

    Third, another false analogy, seat belts added do not mean cars taken away, once again your argument is guns taken away.

    Fourth, bandwagon and composition, (a twofer!), "every industrialized country" is an appeal to popularity, with the implication that because that is true, then the implied "lower gun death rate" would be true here is the fallacy of composition.

    And round it out with more strawman and tu quoque.

    I can do this all day, and you are not very good at it.

  8. Likes Scottl liked this post
  9. #1126
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mram10 View Post
    Be honest. Over half of those are suicides. 80% of the remaining are gang/drug related. Please be honest when throwing out that number.
    SO I get it suicides don't count because the are not human or anything. Accidents same thing. Gang related,yeah, those dead people don't matter

    So, please be honest, you just don't care about other people
    It's ok, its a valid position, just don't act like you do.

  10. #1127
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2054

    Default

    List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia

    [sort by third column, total]

    More firearms, more firearms deaths

    WE WIN!!!!!

    trump is working for us to catch up to Panama

    Make America Great Again!

  11. #1128
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mram10 View Post
    Are you this adamant about partial birth abortion? Dumb question.... I’m sure you are for saving innocent life no matter age
    First, this is conversation about gun control
    Second that is not a medical term, so it means whatever right wind dittoheads say it does[I was going to fix the typo, but liked it]
    Third, your religious beliefs are none of my business, you don't want an abortion don't get one, don't get gay married or have gay sex.

    Oh, and don't shoot people

  12. Likes tdmidget liked this post
  13. #1129
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vt USA
    Posts
    6,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    736
    Likes (Received)
    2316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia

    [sort by third column, total]

    More firearms, more firearms deaths

    WE WIN!!!!!

    trump is working for us to catch up to Panama

    Make America Great Again!
    Look to the last column, guns per 100 inhabitants.
    No correlation..

    Given sufficient data, and I can make an argument for ANYTHING.

    Arguing never solved anything though. A Lesson learned a long time ago. Try it.

  14. #1130
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    52
    Likes (Received)
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    SO I get it suicides don't count because the are not human or anything. Accidents same thing. Gang related,yeah, those dead people don't matter

    So, please be honest, you just don't care about other people
    It's ok, its a valid position, just don't act like you do.
    You use the soap box of caring about human lives to deprive them of their liberty like a tyrant. Just put everyone into cells to be as safe as possible.

  15. Likes Scottl liked this post
  16. #1131
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Coast, USA
    Posts
    7,657
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    471
    Likes (Received)
    5084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ H View Post
    Still trying to wrap my head around 1000 people in a square mile. Where the hell do you plant the corn? I swear libtards won't be happy until they import so many voters we're living in torpedo tube size apartments like in Tokyo
    That's what the Indians said.

    Gather you don't get out much since your forbears arrived here? Visit a city and the population density is over 1000 people / sq. mile. 60,000+ in Manhattan. So might as well wrap your mind around it. Trend for a couple centuries is that the fewer farmers among us live in rural areas (though vertical farming is now a "thing"). And more and more people live and work in cities. Nice thing about this country is that we get, within our means, to choose.

    As for importing people, it's been business interests that first imported slaves, then Chinese to build railroads, Hispanics to work cheap on farms, and IIT grads to work in high tech.

    Ignore the far right (they're all murderers and rapists ruining an Aryan nation) and the far left (no borders, walk on in) and the vast majority of us want to see sensible immigration laws, sensibly enforced.

  17. Likes tdmidget liked this post
  18. #1132
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rewt View Post
    There are so many logical fallacies you just committed. You need to face the fact your logic is quite atrocious.

    First off, strawman, no one said suicides are acceptable.

    Second, false analogy, handrails added doesn't mean stairs taken away, your argument is guns taken away.

    Third, another false analogy, seat belts added do not mean cars taken away, once again your argument is guns taken away.

    Fourth, bandwagon and composition, (a twofer!), "every industrialized country" is an appeal to popularity, with the implication that because that is true, then the implied "lower gun death rate" would be true here is the fallacy of composition.

    And round it out with more strawman and tu quoque.

    I can do this all day, and you are not very good at it.
    First: One cannot select which gun deaths are acceptable and which are not. The implication would be that if the number of suicide deaths skyrocketed, that their opinions would change. They would not, and they have as much as said so, nothing comes between them and their guns

    Second:I merely used the 'logical fallacy' I quoted, not my choice, the previous posters

    Third:Taken away, again, please, list the number of guns taken away, this fear based argument. WE are taking away, rights taken away. We are talking about appropriate regulation, which does not mean all regulation is appropriate, or that they are coming for your guns. Freedom of speech is regulated[slander, fire in a theater, threats etc]

    Fourth: every industrialized country has a lower gun death rate, an lower firearms ownership, completely logical statement, it would be up to you to explain why it does not follow. If I listed one country, that would not follow.

    Let me list the countries below us in gun death rate
    Panama
    Columbia
    Braizl
    Jamaica
    Guatamala
    Eswatini
    El Salvador
    Venezuela
    Honduras


    It is much easier to do than listing the countries that do better
    List of countries that have more guns per capita.........

    yeah,

    WE WIN!

  19. #1133
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    You use the soap box of caring about human lives to deprive them of their liberty like a tyrant. Just put everyone into cells to be as safe as possible.
    All those dead people year after year, I'll bet they are really glad for their liberty

  20. #1134
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Look to the last column, guns per 100 inhabitants.
    No correlation..

    Given sufficient data, and I can make an argument for ANYTHING.

    Arguing never solved anything though. A Lesson learned a long time ago. Try it.
    three times the guns three times the deaths correlation works for me

  21. #1135
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Posts
    317
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    73
    Likes (Received)
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    There are many questions and lots of [supposed] answers about 'why are people violent'

    Are people more violent now than in the 70's

    The numbers say no, pretty clearly

    The next question is can we make people less violent, or at the very least, less effective in their violence
    To be honest I do not know if people are more violent today than the 70's but the media is doing a great job spreading mixed reactions to the stories they write today. I do think the media has motivated people more today than in the 70's. It seems like some of the mass shooters seem to want to put their name out there for killing innocents and the future mass shooters have a giant library to study from the past. I think it is more difficult to get along with people in schools today than it was when I was a kid. I think the kids today are exposed to too much violence on TV and video games. I think most kids understand it is entertainment but there are those few loons that take it to the extreme.

  22. Likes Scottl liked this post
  23. #1136
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Posts
    36
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    30

    Default

    If someone wants to remove themselves from the world they should have the liberty to do so. So long as they're courteous enough to do it outside, no one wants to clean that shit up

  24. #1137
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Posts
    190
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    52
    Likes (Received)
    162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AJ H View Post
    If someone wants to remove themselves from the world they should have the liberty to do so. So long as they're courteous enough to do it outside, no one wants to clean that shit up
    Nah, gustov just wants absolute control over others lives. Can't have your property killing themselves?

  25. Likes tdmidget liked this post
  26. #1138
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Posts
    930
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1098
    Likes (Received)
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia

    [sort by third column, total]

    More firearms, more firearms deaths

    WE WIN!!!!!

    trump is working for us to catch up to Panama

    Make America Great Again!
    I don't care about firearm deaths.

    I care about deaths.

    I don't care about gun related violence.

    I care about violence.

    If you ban red sports cars, red sports car related automobile accidents will dramatically decrease, but will it have any effect at all on total automobile accidents?

    I believe efforts should be made to improve mental health and reduce the number of people who want to commit suicide. I also believe that a person has the right to commit suicide if that is their choice, just as I believe that the most basic of human rights is the right to defend one's own life. No one but me should get to decide whether I live or die, and if you attempt to disarm me I see that as a personal attack on my right to live.

  27. Likes Dumpster_diving, Scottl, tdmidget, Mram10 liked this post
  28. #1139
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    To be honest I do not know if people are more violent today than the 70's but the media is doing a great job spreading mixed reactions to the stories they write today. I do think the media has motivated people more today than in the 70's. It seems like some of the mass shooters seem to want to put their name out there for killing innocents and the future mass shooters have a giant library to study from the past. I think it is more difficult to get along with people in schools today than it was when I was a kid. I think the kids today are exposed to too much violence on TV and video games. I think most kids understand it is entertainment but there are those few loons that take it to the extreme.
    I can only tell you that murder and most violent crime rates are lower than they were then

    Blaming the media is a cop out.

    Library to study? Really?

  29. #1140
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    2,957
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    2054

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CAMasochism View Post
    Nah, gustov just wants absolute control over others lives. Can't have your property killing themselves?
    NAh, CAM just wants to be able to get in a shootout whenever he feels like it

    I mean, really whine whine whine, strawman whine whine


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •