What can we as individuals or a group do about gun violence? - Page 96
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 96 of 101 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,920 of 2005
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

California has taken red flag laws one step further. Even the ACLU has concerns.

California's New Red Flag Law Is So Extreme, Even the ACLU Is Ringing the Alarm

So what does "red flag" actually stand for?

Red flag (politics) - Wikipedia

The name is no accident.

Every Communist must grasp the truth, "Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party.
    --Mao Zedong

2. Likes Kurt Learning, _boris_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just make a law that any device that can chamber a round is illegal, either manufactured or at home. Solid block where the cartridge would go.

Tom

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are very few changes in firearms laws that could account for this.
    So what has changed?
    Liberal Social Engineering (Marxism) and Corporatocracy.
    Prussian Model Schools are working just as planned. There is no accident.

Why Has There Been A 56 Percent Increase In Suicide Among Young Americans In Just 10 Years?
    Why Has There Been A 56 Percent Increase In Suicide Among Young Americans In Just 10 Years? – End Of The American Dream

And this seems related...
    The Rutherford Institute :: Terrorized, Traumatized and Killed: The Police State’s Deadly Toll on America’s Children | By John W. Whitehead |

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Imagine how the Marxists would react if one in every 39 children were injured with a firearm.
    For now, that is only a threat in Democrat controlled cities.

https://governmentslaves.news/2019/1...ious-injuries/

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So who are the law breakers?
    If you want to end gun violence, start making your government officials start obeying the law.

Tulsa Oktoberfest 2019 Violation of Second Amendment Rights
    YouTube

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Learning View Post
    I would add that we need to get more people involved in the understanding, meaning, intent and history of the Constitution.
    And make NRA Gun Safety Classes as common in public schools as classes in driving safety and health/nutrition.
    I would say this is a bad idea with a huge lawsuit written all over it when the a kid or teacher is accidently shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    I would say this is a bad idea with a huge lawsuit written all over it when the a kid or teacher is accidently shot.
    Perhaps we should only allow our professional government agents to teach gun safety?

"I'm the only one in this room professional enough....BOOM"

YouTube

9. Likes _boris_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gewehr 98 View Post
    Perhaps we should only allow our professional government agents to teach gun safety?

"I'm the only one in this room professional enough....BOOM"

YouTube
    One time a long time St. Louis police officer and WWII LST gunner was showing me his Colt Officer's Model revolver. He got it out of the cabinet, flipped the cylinder out, closed it, and handed it to me. I swung the cylinder out and closed it. When I was done looking, I handed it back. His full grown son asked for it and pop handed it to him. Son did not open it. Pop lit into him the way only a parent can get away with.

"WHAT DID I JUST DO????"

"What do you mean?"

"I HANDED YOU A GUN!"

"So?"

"YOU DIDN'T CHECK IT!"

"I saw you and Bill check it."

"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER TAKE SOMEONE ELSE'S WORD THAT A GUN IS UNLOADED."

He spoke in the wisdom of a lifetime with guns.

Bill

11. Likes mhajicek, Scottl, DrHook, _boris_ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Early on in this discussion I made an in jest comment that doing away with the 1st amendment would do more to stop gun violence that doing away with the second. Did not know I was a prophet. Heard last week the 1st amendment is under fire, taking away a religion's tax exemption because it does not meet a test is establishing a state religion.

Wowsers.

13. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You obviously are unfamiliar with these safety classes. They teach safety principles only and no student would get to handle a firearm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Early on in this discussion I made an in jest comment that doing away with the 1st amendment would do more to stop gun violence that doing away with the second. Did not know I was a prophet. Heard last week the 1st amendment is under fire, taking away a religion's tax exemption because it does not meet a test is establishing a state religion.

Wowsers.
    Militant enforcement of secularism is also establishing a state religion. While Humanism isn't strictly religion per se it is a belief system that actively and aggressively competes with and attempts to suppress religion.

The 1st Amendment is under attack mostly by the same ones who attack the 2nd. The suggestion you mention above was made by Robert Francis "Bozo" O'Rourke, the same whack job who recently said "Hell Yes, We're Going To Take Your AR-15'.

Beto O’Rourke: ‘Hell Yes, We’re Going To Take Your AR-15’ – Reason.com

Fellow candidate Kamala Harris said that if elected President she would bypass the legislature and institute her gun control plans by Executive Order. She also said 'that the free exercise of religion is a right created by manmade statutes -- not God -- and is a "personal" thing that should be kept in an "inner sanctum."' These are very dangerous people.

Kamala Harris' Crusade Against Freedom of Religion

16. Likes Pete Deal liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Should the government have the power to make a law that forces one to violate the tenets of one's religion? I think that depends on the tenet, and as such is open to subjective interpretation. There are religions that claim it's one's moral duty to kill non-believers, for example, which would make a law banning murder a violation of the first amendment.

Edit:

The ironically titled Religious Freedom Restoration Act says: "Government may substantially burden a person's exercise of religion only if it demonstrates that application of the burden to the person ... 1) is in furtherance of a compelling government interest; and (2) is the least restrictive means of furthering that compelling governmental interest."
    This wording is very dangerous, and effectively negates the religious protections of the 1st amendment. It basically says the government can't make laws about religion unless it wants to.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    You obviously are unfamiliar with these safety classes. They teach safety principles only and no student would get to handle a firearm.
    I am very familiar with safety classes, I just think it is a bad idea to teach gun safety at school.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    Good. I'm all for it. When the churches get out of the commercial sector and stick to religion, they can keep their tax-exempt status. As it is, they are just giant frauds exploiting a so-called 'loophole', e.g. the Vatican, Tammy Faye, Marjoe Gortner, et al.

20. Likes _boris_ liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Qt[As it is, they are just giant frauds exploiting a so-called 'loophole'.]
    Correction some: of them..IMHO

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I am very familiar with safety classes, I just think it is a bad idea to teach gun safety at school.
    If your very familiar with firearms safety classes, could you explain to me how they are a lawsuit waiting to happen? Specifically you referenced a child or teacher getting shot on accident?

My first hunter/firearms safety course was in 3rd grade, all 20 or so kids in my individual class went to the gym and watched a presentation, given by a state wildlife officer. Every class in the school took the class, which was a week long and less than an hour per day. We learned different kinds of guns, how to safely handle them, how they worked. We learned different wildlife in the state, we learned basic hunting rules and safety.

The next year we did it all over again.

That was my first experience, and I cannot fathom how anyone possibly could have gotten shot? There were no firearms in the room, no live ammunition, how could a child or teacher possibly be harmed?

I am curious to hear your experience as it sounds like you are much more familiar with these types of safety classes than I am. I can count all that I have taken on one hand, so I can’t really say I am very familiar. None used guns or live ammunition, so it seemed to me like an excellent training opportunity.

Oh. . . Those classes were at a public school by the way.

23. Likes Scottl, DrHook liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Actually in some areas it should be mandatory. Far too many inner city kids have been shot when either they or a playmate found an older brother's gun. The guns are illegal so therefore they are hidden away rather than locked in a safe. Massachusetts has some of the strictest gun control in the nation yet estimates of (illegal) gun ownership in some Boston neighborhoods are as high as 70%. They are not all owned by gang-bangers. Many ordinary folk own them for protection against violent thugs who have been known to break in and terrorize residents while robbing them.

25. Likes mhajicek, Yan Wo liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

What can we as individuals or a group do about gun violence?

As for the much dreaded subject of mass shootings, there was a bright spot recently. A young man went into his school with a shotgun intending to kill people and was intercepted by a coach/security guard who held him while another disarmed him. Reports are that he was grateful later that he was stopped and is receiving the mental health care he needed. Since he did not die, did not actually kill anyone and is apparently cooperating he may provide some valuable insight into what led to this act.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

As far as children playing with guns, revolvers are the worst. Small children are not strong enough to pull the double action trigger in the normal manner and they turn it around so they can get both thumbs on it. A policeman I knew left his 2" barrel .38 out in the open and his small daughter found it. Lucky it wasn't something with more power. The bullet hit to the left of her throat on her collar bone and skated up it under the skin, leaving no permanent damage. He got a lot more careful.

When my sister's firstborn was visiting us, his father wanted to see my M1 Carbine. The boy toddled to him and with both hands on the cocking handle, operated the action. If it had a loaded magazine, he would have chambered a round. Even though the children only visited occasionally, I locked my gun case and kept it locked until they were all full grown.

Bill

28. Likes _boris_ liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)