Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Bring back stop and frisk with the intent of enforcing that law. Of course gun grabbing liberals would be against something like that as it could violate someone's "civil rights."
    I can't support stop and frisk. That's every bit as unconstitutional as a gun ban. If you don't have evidence I committed a crime, it's none of your business what I'm carrying, or where I'm going to or coming from.

2. Likes Scottl, TeachMePlease, shpxnvz, lagweezle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by mhajicek View Post
    I can't support stop and frisk. That's every bit as unconstitutional as a gun ban. If you don't have evidence I committed a crime, it's none of your business what I'm carrying, or where I'm going to or coming from.
    That is the problem, you have a gun law that will easily get guns out of the hands of known criminals and get their tail back in the slammer, yet people worry about violation of "civil rights." If you throw in some profiling, aggressive enforcement of that law should not inconvenience too many law abiding citizens. Most beat cops in bad neighborhoods know who the bad eggs are, who has a record and is most likely to be in possession of something they should not.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Minnesota
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How can you support the second but not the fourth? Do you want cops to be able to force entry into your home on a whim and inspect the contents of your gun safe to ensure that everything you have is legal? No? Then how can you support cops stopping people on the street and force searching them with no probable cause?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

How can you support the second but not the fourth? Do you want cops to be able to force entry into your home on a whim and inspect the contents of your gun safe to ensure that everything you have is legal? No? Then how can you support cops stopping people on the street and force searching them with no probable cause?
    There is one narrow exception where IMO stop and frisk does not violate the 4th Amendment. If a person convicted of a crime is on parole or probation they are still under the jurisdiction of the court and can be stopped and searched if their status is known to police.

Otherwise, all these "probable cause" and other exceptions carved out by courts are a gross violation of our rights as described in the forth Amendment. Past generations (and many today) have foolishly allowed our rights to be infringed under the guise of "preventing" crime, "terrorism" and other threats.

Even with all the laws we have, far too often (as in Massachusetts and elsewhere) these laws and penalties are not properly enforced against the people they were supposed to protect against.

6. Likes mhajicek, Yan Wo, lagweezle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by FredC View Post
    I do not even know what those letters mean, if they are louder than a typical AR with a 16 inch barrel just think what they would be like inside a house! Having shot varmints on a porch through a barely open door, shots fired in a house has to be many times worse. I saw an article about weapons used indoors for self defense need silencers. I understand the rational.
    SBR = Short Barreled Rifle (barrel length under sixteen inches).
    NFA = National Firearms Act (of 1934)

Under the NFA machine guns and "any other weapon" such as short barreled rifles and shotguns, disguised guns (pen guns, etc.) and smoothbore pistols must be registered and a tax paid.

8. Likes Kurt Learning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rewt View Post
    That would be a child's play modification to about anyone on this site.
    The mechanics might be, but the understanding of how a disconnector has to work with the hammer and trigger might not be for most people.

Most people don't understand how a full-auto lockwork has to be set up on guns more complicated than a simple mass/spring blowback action with an open bolt setup. That works fine on guns like a MAC-10/11, or a M3 "grease gun," but it will get very messy with a high-pressure cartridge like a .223 Rem/5.56 NATO. In these cartridges, you need the bolt to close, and the firing pin sent forward only when the bolt has fully closed, not just when the bolt finishes pushing the round into the chamber.

Indeed, you see plenty of open-bolt machine pistols being made where guns are being banned. The Mac-11 design works like a charm.

For a M16/M4, It would be easier to buy the parts; they can be found.

10. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Shawnrs View Post
    Where are all of these illegal guns coming from?
    Many of them are being purchased for criminals by relatives/confederates with clean records in "straw purchases."

This is why we FFL's and gun owners have been pushing the Feds to prosecute the violations of gun laws they've had on the books for 50 years now. If you're purchasing a gun for someone you know is prohibited from possessing a gun (felon, drug user, etc), and you're purchasing it because the prohibited person would not pass the background check, that is a felony in and of itself, long before the prohibited person uses said gun in a crime.

Justice Department rarely prosecutes 'straw buyers,' ATF nominee Todd Jones says - Washington Times

There you go: a roughly 1 in 1000 prosecution rate. Any more questions where criminals are getting guns? It isn't gun shows. It isn't estate sales. It's from licensed dealers via straw buyers. Both the straw buyer and the prohibited person could be charged with felonies if the Feds chose to actually prosecute.

Now do you understand why law abiding gun owners don't favor any more gun laws? Because the government could actually clamp down on how criminals get guns, but they don't.

12. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Maybe Virginia should reboot Project Exile before they start anything else?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oklahoma
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Don't try to educate the anti-gun people about guns, they are not interested. They just want to follow the words of their similarly uneducated party leaders.
    I see this as willful ignorance. I would suspect nearly every media person by now knows the difference between a M-16 and a AR-15 since they've been reminded/educated many, many times.

But semiauto doesn't sell as many newspapers or commercials as machinegun so they ignore the difference.

15. Likes Yan Wo, Scottl liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by UncleFrank View Post
    I see this as willful ignorance. I would suspect nearly every media person by now knows the difference between a M-16 and a AR-15 since they've been reminded/educated many, many times.

But semiauto doesn't sell as many newspapers or commercials as machinegun so they ignore the difference.
    That IS the definition of ignorance. To know the truth, and reject it. You even use the word ignore to describe their actions.

IGNORANCE

Agenda promoting dipwards! Can't trust them to do anything right.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rewt View Post
    That would be a child's play modification to about anyone on this site.

It would also be child's play for anyone on this web site to make a matchhead pipe bomb. But you wouldn't consider restricting matches and pipes.
    If you want to punish every person because of what they are capable of doing, you would have to arrest every woman for prostitution.

18. Likes Scottl liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wyop View Post
    ...the government could actually clamp down on how criminals get guns, but they don't.
    And that is the essence of the problem.

I have personally called my local BATF Agent (as a FFL Dealer) to request they come to a major gun show and close down a truckload of illegal sales.
    They declined.
    I asked the County Sheriff (on duty at the show)to put an end to the illegal sales.
    He declined, and threatened to arrest me.

I can tell you who is breaking the law, and the evidence is irrefutable. But I cannot get enforcement.

This is why my basic contention is, the government isn't going to fix a problem they have worked so hard to create.

The goal is to confiscate firearms.
    The Democrats openly talk about it, but the Republicans secretly support it.

59556937_2476579579065839_3666463720596307968_n.jpg

20. Likes Scottl, mhajicek liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That is the problem, you have a gun law that will easily get guns out of the hands of known criminals and get their tail back in the slammer, yet people worry about violation of "civil rights." If you throw in some profiling, aggressive enforcement of that law should not inconvenience too many law abiding citizens. Most beat cops in bad neighborhoods know who the bad eggs are, who has a record and is most likely to be in possession of something they should not.
    \

You have to be kidding. I'm a law abiding citizen, and it's not an "inconvenience", it's a violation of the law and my rights. If they don't have probable cause, they can go pound sand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wyop View Post
    There you go: a roughly 1 in 1000 prosecution rate. Any more questions where criminals are getting guns? It isn't gun shows. It isn't estate sales. It's from licensed dealers via straw buyers. Both the straw buyer and the prohibited person could be charged with felonies if the Feds chose to actually prosecute.

Now do you understand why law abiding gun owners don't favor any more gun laws? Because the government could actually clamp down on how criminals get guns, but they don't.
    Exactly what I've been saying for years. We could repeal all gun control laws passed since the Gun Control Act of 1968 and see a drastic reduction in "crime guns" if straw purcasers and traffickers were aggressively prosecuted under GCA 68.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Learning View Post
    This is why my basic contention is, the government isn't going to fix a problem they have worked so hard to create.

The goal is to confiscate firearms.
    The Democrats openly talk about it, but the Republicans secretly support it.
    "Beware the problem and solution created in the same lab."

As I've said many times before, gun control isn't about crime, terrorism, or mass shootings. It's about disarming the public so further measures can be imposed. Unarmed protesters can be easily crushed, as seen in places like China at the Tiananmen Square protests.

1989 Tiananmen Square protests - Wikipedia

"In what became known as the Tiananmen Square Massacre (Chinese: 天安门大屠杀), troops with assault rifles and tanks fired at the demonstrators and those trying to block the military's advance into Tiananmen Square. Estimates of the death toll vary from several hundred to several thousand, with thousands more wounded."

Western media repetitively displayed footage of the young man bravely standing in front of the tanks, halting their advance. What they DIDN'T show, or in most cases report, is that after the military removed all cameras from the scene the man was crushed to death under a tank.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Now that my state of Virginia has flipped to Democrat control we will get the promised "common sense gun laws""
    Guess the citizens there got tired of being 'educated about guns' and decided to just go out and vote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I can't support stop and frisk. That's every bit as unconstitutional as a gun ban. ...
    You sir won't fit in around here. You make too much damn sense. Repeat after me, there is only one amendment to the
    US constitution....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

About 50 years ago there was a period where the cops were stopping and searching cars, often if they found some trivial infraction as an excuse. They invited the news people along. One of my friend was a sound man on an ABC crew. He said the police had great results from it. I don't know what the final outcome of the practice was.

Mexico doesn't seem to have a prohibition of the practice. We quickly learned that when we came upon a couple of privates and a corporal armed with FALs way out in the woods, far from any town, it was prudent to stop, smile, and say "Buenas Dias senor." and hold out our papers. They would usually point to a saddle bag, which I opened and they would paw through it a little. If they picked the right saddle bag containing my Zeiss Ikonta and film, I would just say "Camera e pelicula" and they let it go. They were always polite and wanted to look at the bikes, but they WERE carrying FALs.

Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default CCRAKBA Declares Democrats Have "Hidden Agenda Behind Impeachment"

How impeachment relates to this thread.

According to Alan Gottlieb, chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, part of the motivation for removing Trump is his success confirming judicial appointees.

CCRKBA DECLARES DEMOCRATS HAVE 'HIDDEN AGENDA BEHIND IMPEACHMENT' | Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms

"The Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms today declared there is a “hidden agenda” behind the impeachment efforts of House Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi and it is designed to tie up the U.S. Senate and derail efforts to confirm more pro-Second Amendment judges to the federal courts."

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scottl View Post
    ...success confirming judicial appointees.
    Yeah. Like Merrick Garland. In reverse.

28. Likes lagweezle liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jim rozen View Post
    Yeah. Like Merrick Garland. In reverse.
    Oh, when was that, 2011? I don't remember the Republicans ginning up a phony impeachment of Obama 1 year before his reelection to distract the Senate.