What's new
What's new

WOLF 7.62X39 where do it all go?

chet

Aluminum
I cant find any one selling cases 1000 rounds near by. Can some one help answer the question where is all the wolf or bear brand amo go?
-chet

Umm, Have you Been in a coma Chet? We are getting a new guy in the white-house, and the world (as we know it) is coming to an end.

I bought 2000 rounds of 762x39 , 1000 223, 1000 308, 1000 45, 1000 40, myself.

and the world (as we know it) is coming to an end

Umm, Have you Been in a coma Chet? We are getting a new guy in the white-house, and the world (as we know it) is coming to an end.

I bought 2000 rounds of 762x39 , 1000 223, 1000 308, 1000 45, 1000 40, myself.

so all the 7.62x39 ammo was bought by folks in this country? so how did the "new guy" win?
-chet

The people in the big citys put him in. The ones that like Welfare and make a living drinking milk from the government titty.

Not only is ammo in short supply, but AK's and AR's are too.

Remember the President elect co-sponsered a bill in Illinois that proposed a 500% tax on ammo.Luckily for them it was defeated.

Of course, he told the whole world that he supported the Second Amendment and many fools beleived him, because they were too lazy to check and they dont understand that actions speak louder than words.

So anyone with a clue went out bought all that they could. That is where your ammo went.

You should have got into reloading a fews years back, 7.62x30 once fired brass was easy to get.

I went to ranges and picked up the bras my self, I'd have to say I have about 5000 rounds of 7.62.

I also reload 308, 30-06,7.62x25,223,45APC and others I have enough to last a few years......:D

Paul

I reload for 37 different cartridges. I do not think I will run out in this life. Now when the most high Lord obama outlaws guns, that will be a different matter.

Talk about STUPID

You dont think the fact that the US is expending something like 1.5 Billion rounds a year in training, Iraq, and Afghanistan has anything to do with availability?

I know Obama is the Antichrist, but it turns out that the big upswing in arms sales due to his election is almost exactly the same as the big year after George W got elected the first time- that is, statistically, there hasnt been that many more guns or ammo bought than last year- maybe 10% or so at max.

The main reason for the ammo shortage, even though all the major factories are running full bore, is that the military is buying it all.

Even police departments are having a hard time getting certain calibers.

You dont think the fact that the US is expending something like 1.5 Billion rounds a year in training, Iraq, and Afghanistan has anything to do with availability?

I know Obama is the Antichrist, but it turns out that the big upswing in arms sales due to his election is almost exactly the same as the big year after George W got elected the first time- that is, statistically, there hasnt been that many more guns or ammo bought than last year- maybe 10% or so at max.

The main reason for the ammo shortage, even though all the major factories are running full bore, is that the military is buying it all.

Please, share your source for this knowledge.

Lots of info on the web about total US consumption- it varies according to year, and for security reasons, the military doesnt necessarily release how many rounds they are shooting this month, but it seems pretty safe to say that its been running between 1.2 and 1.5 Billion a year for 5 or so years now.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A4044-2004Jul21?language=printer

If the main, Lake City Plant can make 1.5 Billion rounds a year, running 3 shifts, 24/7, and we are using 1.5 Billion rounds a year, then there isnt a lot of slack in the system.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-59024.html

I believe the government is also buying from foreign countries, not for our troops, but to give to Iraqi and Afghan troops and police on our side.
Hence the famous Israeli 22 year old who landed the big contract and defrauded us with ancient chinese ammo.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...company-accused-supplying-chinese-ammunition/

Luckily, the Albanians have offered to help us out :D
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/12/12/europe/EU-GEN-Albania-Iraq-Afghanistan.phpf

Here is an article about the police shortage- I have seen several others.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293657,00.html

As mentioned in some of these articles, the recent worldwide rise up in copper prices probably had a lot to do with the current shortage as well- even though copper is down now, the lag time between buying raw copper, and selling finished ammo on the market means a lot of chinese and other ammunition manufacturers are probably still sitting on lots of ammo made in August and before, when copper was very high. Even though NOW they can buy cheaper copper, they want to get their money out of the ammo that they made when they had to pay 2 or 3 times as much- so they quoted high prices this summer, distributors and wholesalers didnt buy as much, and the whole pipeline is somewhat dry.
IF copper prices stay down, manufacturing of retail ammo for private gunowners will start up again- but I imagine the big offshore makers are a bit shy to just jump right in again in this market.

The government ONLY buys from Lake City, operated by Olin/Winchester- but their copper and chemical buys affect the whole market as well, and running at full capacity for 6 years or so affects the whole world market in things like the chemicals used to make primers, in copper, etc.

So while I dont think the military consumption is the ONLY factor, I think that it, combined with copper price fluctuations, and the current world economic situation, all have a lot more to do with ammo shortages than Obama-itis does.

Here are the numbers on the gun and ammo buying stats in the USA-
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/html/bcft/2007/bcft07st.pdf

This year, with Obama fever, its estimated the FBI ran about 8.4 million background checks thru september, versus 7.7 million last year.
However, the numbers for 1999 were very similar- 8.6 million for the whole year. Which means in the last year or two, we had a slight downtick in the number of requests for checks, which are a pretty good tracking number for guns sold, but this year, we are back up to late 90's number of checks. Not some huge unprecedented increase due to the election, but just a slight change back to historic levels.
Considering there are 300 Million people in the USA, and the uptick since last year is only about a seven hundred thousand guns, I dont see a giant wave of paranoia sweeping over us. If, say 1% of the population bought a new gun this year, and the numbers went up 3 million over last year, THEN, maybe we would be talking about real reactions to the election.
Personally, I think that if Obama was really considered by most people to be so dangerous to gun ownership, we would see numbers more like ten million new guns- which is still only 3% of the whole population thinking things are gonna get bad enough to stock up.
But no where near that number is happening.

With the recent prices of gas being so high, among other things, there aren't many who can afford a new gun, or battle rifle, let alone eat.

All in the Big plan, if you ask me.

My point was that there is no "bounce" in gun sales due to the recent election. It was a MSM scare story, but its not based in real numbers.

And if enough people were REALLY afraid, they would find the money to buy a gun.

But the ammo shortage is real enough, and its due, I think, to high metals prices, high military consumption, and a slow economy.

Plus, we get a little myopic- OUR wars arent the only ones- plenty of ammo is being expended every day in little sideshow wars in Africa, Columbia, Northern Burma, and a few other out of the way places. Not to mention holidays and weddings in LA and the Middle East.

Here is one of the reasons for the shortage of ammo
http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

People in many of these states are stockpiling encase it passes in there states.

Its a bulls**t law just to get rid of all of us with a couple years supply of ammo.
i will not use or get rid of my supply if this law goes into affect i will just move my supply to nevada where i keep two 20mm boxes of tracer API, HEI, Incendiary, 50 spotter, and other illegal in calif ammo.
and just keep a couple boxes of legal rounds for use in calif.

When my father that i am taking care of passes i am leaving Calif for ever.
and going to Nevada or Texas.

ammo guns

go to the gun sites.many are buying ammo by the case.and AR and AKs are selling like hot cakes.the reloading comp are going full blast to keep up with orders and some gun comp are stopping orders as they are months behind.
go to "castboolites" site.all the powder dealers are running out.:rolleyes5:
:typing: :D

The dealers I've spoken to in Fairbanks AK say that it is much, much worse than after 9-11. There is not a center-fire semi-auto rifle available in town. 22 ammo sold out in a few hours on Nov 5. Very little reloading components available, except for shotgun. It is grim up here. Only recently have I been able to find center-fire pistol ammo. 308, 223 & 762x39 is still unavailable.:(

Back