What's new
What's new

Zastava M83 Revolver Findings

jkucukov

Plastic
Hello, I finally took the time to dive into my Zastava M83 Revolver as the action felt rough/gritty/sluggish and the trigger felt like pulling a mule.

Shared album - Yaz K - Google Photos

Certainly after exposing the innards it confirmed what might be the culprit.

After cleaning everything up and further inspection, I did notice that the trigger pin was a bit rough including the bearing surface inside the hammer.

The hammer does not appear to be IMI, appears cut from billet, I'm curious if its worth polishing the rough surfaces out of the hammer pin hole?

Anyone know how much hammer pin slop is acceptable?

Aftermarket parts are non existent, how does one go about creating a oversized two step pin as shown in the image (jewelers lathe? Anyone have a different suggestion?

You'll get some rolled eyes calling parts "billet" though many gun salesmen use the term, Dan Wesson, for an opposite example, uses no MIM and makes small parts from barstock, in their ads.
The only parts I've seen made from real billets are very large parts, billets normally go through further processing into barstock or plate etc.
It just annoys me, as using the word that way seems to have come from the car cultists.

I guess I'm bordering on becoming pedantic. I should start a thread on machine shop terms that grate on my fragile nerves, not that it would help me stop being a jerk. :D

Sorry for going off topic. I completely agree the word "billet" is mis-used and way over used. You are not the only one bothered by it.
That would be a good thread, I think you should start it.

Back