What's new
What's new

04 tm1 - can it be run manually using the red handles?

sirAIG

Aluminum
Ive searched around a bit, and cannot find an answer. obviously, who would want to do so, my stubborn old man who is stuck in the manual ways.

Can the red manual mill style handles on the x and y ballscrews be operated after setting z height and turning on the spindle?

The only time I’ve ever been able to move axes on a TM-1 manually is with the control powered off. Machining with the red wheels would be the epitome of a PITA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a mode that allows them to spin freely when running the machine. Allowing for "manual work." But I have no idea if the cutter will grab and pull the work along?!?!? I've positioned with it a few times. Bit really they are just eye candy. I wish they where not on the machine. It just takes more torque and power to whip them around.

Fun story. I took mine off and the servos where not happy! I assume something to do with the added mass being accounted for.
With them off, in a stationary position the servo would act like it was hinting for position and not rest. Bolton back on and presto. All good.

We took the handles off our TL1, they kept whacking us in the legs...

I know Haas has a hand/manual mode but who the hell would want to use it? That's why there is a Manual Data Input (MDI) mode. With ball leadscrews I don't think it would get pulled into a cut. We do use the control panel hand wheel to make short cuts and position the table on out TM1 but that's it. Being a fully emclosed unit manual hand wheels on the table and saddle are nonexistent.

Ive searched around a bit, and cannot find an answer. obviously, who would want to do so, my stubborn old man who is stuck in the manual ways.

Can the red manual mill style handles on the x and y ballscrews be operated after setting z height and turning on the spindle?

Yes, it's the first page in the Intuitive Programming System.

The only time I use it on our TL2 lathe, oddball tools for a one off part, don't have a use for it on the mill!

On your mill, If your in manual mode you lose the ability to use the jog function in X&Y, Z can be moved with the jog handle....

BTW, on our lathe I removed the knob on the handle just to keep it from snagging the coolant line!

Kevin

Fold out would be nice. My shop manager and I are both tall enough guys that the strike zone WAS the legs, but uncomfortably close to other necessary acccessory equipment...

I'm tall enough that handles usually don't bother me, but I do have nightmares about it.......

Population control. :eek:

Back