What's new
What's new

09/2017 ST-10 Classic control, how do I change tabs in the settings mode?

kustomizer

Diamond
I have had this machine for a couple of years and am just getting around to hooking it up to my communications hub via the RS232. To date it has only run one part and I am going to start running some other parts soon. Anyhow, today I opened the book and it says to press settings and arrow sideways to change taabs to the I/O tab th adjust the baud rate etc. I did try it and was unable to change tabs, in sitting here typing I am wondering if it didn't work because the machine was making parts at the time, Do I need to be in EDIT or some mode other than MEMORY?
thanks in advance.

arrow either left or right then the selection will flash. push write to make selection stay. easy paesy

no particular mode. you are talking about the older controller right? when you narrow over to the section you want does it flash? then if you push the write key does it stop flashing and stay solid ?

It didn't change anything when I push the arrow to move to the other tabs the main settings tab stays , nothing moves. I will try it again this morning and see.

are you sure you are in settings and not parameters?

Yes, I found if I arrow up through all of the pages like the real old machines the tabs change and I eventually get to the settings I need,( the tabs do change as I curser up through all the settings ), there may be some other way but I am able to do what I need at this point, thanks

Back