What's new
What's new

100 percent rapids medium size vmc

Shawn_Laughlin

Aluminum
Let say before I write this as some of y’all know I’m very new to cnc machining so with that said...

100 percent rapids seems excessive on my vf4ss. When it transitions from feeds to rapids and vise versa, it just seems like thats a lot of shock and aww created when that heavy ass table all of a sudden goes from 220 or more ipm in the x+ And just slams it in reverse to go back the opposite in the x-, at 100 percent, 1400 ipm. Ive been running, right now, 25 or 50 percent bc, 100 and the machine feels like it’s going to start dancing across the floor. It doesn’t, obviously, but it just doesn’t seem like a threaded rod or much of anything could hold up to that kind of abuse for much time.

Maybe it’s just my inexperience and I’m completely wrong?

Do you do it with yours or would you? That’s what their made for but I want real world data?

I use to wonder why people said you lose a lot of speed on the rapids whe you get up to the vf6ss and I couldn’t wrap my mind around why but, I completely get it now.

You're fine. The machine can easily handle it. There is no point in running 25-50% rapids to "save the machine".

Now if you're running a DM2 (2400 IPM rapids), Haas requires it to be anchored. Otherwise it will walk across the room. :eek:

Now if you hack the machine to turn up the rapids (like some do), you're on your own.

You're fine. The machine can easily handle it. There is no point in running 25-50% rapids to "save the machine".

Now if you're running a DM2 (2400 IPM rapids), Haas requires it to be anchored. Otherwise it will walk across the room. :eek:

Now if you hack the machine to turn up the rapids (like some do), you're on your own.

I didn’t know you could hack one. But doesn’t matter bc I gotta get use to 50 lol.

Back