What's new
What's new

1992 VF2, ISO lifting expirience or documents

TPR Motorsports

Plastic
hey guys, considering buy a 1992 VF2 and was looking for cable lifting advice, the rigger i'm using has a crane truck he wants to use, my area is grass then gravel then concrete so he wants to cable the lift the machine and place it on my concrete pad in front of my shop, its a small pad and a small shop.

I am looking for information on if there are lifting points on the front of the base

the column has holes on each side with covers that we can run straps thru, also has large threaded holes on the top of the column maybe we can put some lifting rings there, but im more concerned with the front of the machine

I don't have the machine yet and its still out of town and I don't have access to inspect the front of the base for lifting features.

I know all terrain forklifts can be rented, but the guy wants to use the crane truck, he's doing the rigging so just looking for info on cable lifting this has vf2.

thanks guys, any info would be great about lifting features.

Carlos

....my area is grass then gravel then concrete so he wants to cable the lift the machine and place it on my concrete pad in front of my shop, its a small pad and a small shop....

An alternative might be for the rigger to rent steel plates and place them along the path to your pad. They are cheap to rent. That is the way I am having to bring machines in and out of my shop in a similar situation.

I would imagine there are threaded holes under the front way cover. My Milltronics has lift points on the base casting there for this purpose.

Or ask Haas? I got a document with detailed hoisting instructions from the manufacturer when I asked. You'll need to know the thread so you can buy what are probably metric eyebolts.

that vintage machine was not designed for overhead lifting. if that's the only way it can be moved. then the plastic bubble must first be removed. 2nd the hole in the column is used to rest the counterweights. it is not designed for lifting. I'm not saying It couldn't be a lifting point. you would need like a 2 inch bar going through if not larger, and the counter weights must be resting on the bar for safety. then also lift by the front 2 pads.if it were me I'd simply use a forklift and lift it the way it was designed to be moved.

I would imagine there are threaded holes under the front way cover. My Milltronics has lift points on the base casting there for this purpose.

Or ask Haas? I got a document with detailed hoisting instructions from the manufacturer when I asked. You'll need to know the thread so you can buy what are probably metric eyebolts.

spoke with has yesterday and they were not a lot of help to be honest about a solid yes or no if the 1992 model could be cable lifted.

an all terrain forklift is an option but its something that would have to be rented and delivered and all that hassle but if its the best route then maybe that's the way we got to go with it. thank you

that vintage machine was not designed for overhead lifting. if that's the only way it can be moved. then the plastic bubble must first be removed. 2nd the hole in the column is used to rest the counterweights. it is not designed for lifting. I'm not saying It couldn't be a lifting point. you would need like a 2 inch bar going through if not larger, and the counter weights must be resting on the bar for safety. then also lift by the front 2 pads.if it were me I'd simply use a forklift and lift it the way it was designed to be moved.

once I get it home ill definitely take a good look at it and see what I can find, but its looking like an all terrain fork lift is the way to go, maybe a boom truck would be the ticket, that way the truck doesn't even have to go onto the gravel and extend the boom into the back of my shop.

thanks a lot guys, I appreciate the information

The forklift will need to be much larger than one would expect. On my second move, we tried lifting my 1993 from the side, with an 8k forklift, with no luck. Actually punched a hole in the blacktop with one drive wheel. Ended up carefully lifting it from the back with the forks narrowed up. Keep the forks inside the foot pads or it will slip off the forks. It's all sketchy at best. Everything needs to be done slow and deliberate. Don't hesitate to set everything down and re-assess if something doesn't look right.

The forklift will need to be much larger than one would expect. On my second move, we tried lifting my 1993 from the side, with an 8k forklift, with no luck. Actually punched a hole in the blacktop with one drive wheel. Ended up carefully lifting it from the back with the forks narrowed up. Keep the forks inside the foot pads or it will slip off the forks. It's all sketchy at best. Everything needs to be done slow and deliberate. Don't hesitate to set everything down and re-assess if something doesn't look right.

agreed for sure

87 inches front to back ( add 3 feet to open ur cabinet door)and 74 inches left to right

Back