What's new
What's new

1993 Haas VF-0 What's it worth parted out?

Garwood

Diamond
All is good except spindle drive and enclosure doors are cracked up. Has 4th axis card. I would imagine there is a high level of interchange between the early VF machines?

What kind of ballpark value would you put on the shippable components of this machine?

All is good except spindle drive and enclosure doors are cracked up. Has 4th axis card. I would imagine there is a high level of interchange between the early VF machines?

What kind of ballpark value would you put on the shippable components of this machine?

Best best is to look thryu ebay on the major items... Motors, Drives, Spindle, Main stack boards, Transformer & PDU, Might want to list a full 93 Spares set to someone?
... That's pretty darn old but there are owners here.

Years ago I parted one. Got really, really lucky found a guy in California that needed the enclosure and another in Denver that took the control and electrical stuff. Dont remember exactly maybe $3K total. Lots of work for very little return.
Bob

Which spindle drive do you have? My '91 VF-1 has a Frenic 5000 M2, model FMD-3AC-21A which works except for the spindle at speed logic output. I compensate by using a long enough fixed time in the parameters. Although yours is not working, if it is a Frenic it would be worthwhile going through the circuitry to find where the at speed output comes from and maybe fix mine. Better than taking mine apart to find the problem.

Back